My stool was not a great success

My three legged stool finally gave me a fall in the garden centre. My right shoulder is painful and I have carpet burns on my knuckles plus a sore wrist but escaped serious injury thankfully.

Feel a bit stupid and even more useless now but hope thlesson is learned.

1 Like

Garden centres. For me they are a nightmare , like a crazy glaring obstacle course. Thought I’d worked a route through my local one to attend group coffee morning. Then as Christmas approached, it became impossible, more glaring flashing lights snowmen / polar bears/ elves reindeer blocking aisles .Did my head in. But now the crazy season is over pinball through. Supermarkets again were a struggle but now coming to terms with them. Yes bit by bit it does get better.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear your stool decided to play unfair. Don’t let it put you off though.

Hope you’re not too bruised.

1 Like

Thanks the pulse roller was used on my shoulder by my wife and the pain eases tomorrow will be very stiff and painful.

1 Like

Of fudge, so sorry to here that. Put some heat on your shoulder to relax the muscle and ease a little of the pain and stiffness. Don’t let it seize up. And dont let it knock your confidence :wink::people_hugging:

1 Like

The problem was I was trying to make adjustments to my comfort levels while sitting on my stool as I tried to get up lost my balance and crashed into a display in a spectacular loud noise, the staff got my into a wheelchair and then into my car and home.
I should have sat in a normal chair It’s made that stool redundant now as I don’t trust it.

1 Like

Oh dear that sounds painful. Hope you are ok and your experience hasnt put you off getting out again. We went out at lunchtime with my daughter and her partner to a local pub. It was quite busy and noisy and I had one glass of wine. I am now absolutely shattered and have fallen to sleep!! How can a simple outing like that take so much energy? And we are out to dinner later. Help!!!

2 Likes

Yes stroke makes everything worse longer harder in my case more painful.
The life before was perfect compared to life now.

1 Like

Yes falls set you back as you wait and rest up it’s a stark reminder of how big heavy 6 foot men ha a fare way to fall and no happy ending, ouch

1 Like