My next step

Hi folks
Later this month I’m going for a treatment that has according to an eminent neurologist professor who has been brought in to again examine my stroke which damaged the Rubrill part of my brain which deals with electrical impulses to the nervous system in my body & because of the damage received by stroke this has given me tremors which is classed as resting/incidental 24:7 & effects my walk/reach/grasping ect along with what’s called in medical terms “bobbling doll head syndrome . ., basically my head acts like the toy dogs we would put on the back shelf of our cars making the head of the animal move around . I laughed hearing that saying
The experts are convinced that I’m not a Parkinson disease patient as there is to much flexibility in all my joints though for 2 years now have been on medication that Parkinson patients use frequently called Levodopa this works by converting into Dopamine in the brain … … I know I need a chart/graphs & the use of Google in order to understand all of this too …
So they are going to try Botox injections in my upper/lower limbs . Granted there’s no magic tablet out there for any medical issues that will make it go away but there are medicines/procedures that will stem/lessen the problem
So let the adventure begin with I hope the results I’ve heard of happen with me

:+1:t6::smiley::+1:t6:

4 Likes

@Jordan I’ll keep my fingers crossed it works really well for you. Here’s to your tremors etc lessening & you getting a better quality of life back.

1 Like

@ Loshy @jane C @Mahoney @Mrs5K

Thank you all for you kind thoughts & will let you know how it all goes very soon

:hugs::+1:t6::hugs:

2 Likes

Good Luck, I will pray you get the results you wish x

Gem

1 Like

Thank you Gemma
I’m counting the days here :blush:
:sunflower::rose::sunflower:

quote=“Jordan, post:1, topic:33348, full:true”]
Hi folks
Later this month I’m going for a treatment that has according to an eminent neurologist professor who has been brought in to again examine my stroke which damaged the Rubrill part of my brain which deals with electrical impulses to the nervous system in my body & because of the damage received by stroke this has given me tremors which is classed as resting/incidental 24:7 & effects my walk/reach/grasping ect along with what’s called in medical terms “bobbling doll head syndrome . ., basically my head acts like the toy dogs we would put on the back shelf of our cars making the head of the animal move around . I laughed hearing that saying
The experts are convinced that I’m not a Parkinson disease patient as there is to much flexibility in all my joints though for 2 years now have been on medication that Parkinson patients use frequently called Levodopa this works by converting into Dopamine in the brain … … I know I need a chart/graphs & the use of Google in order to understand all of this too …
So they are going to try Botox injections in my upper/lower limbs . Granted there’s no magic tablet out there for any medical issues that will make it go away but there are medicines/procedures that will stem/lessen the problem
So let the adventure begin with I hope the results I’ve heard of happen with me

:+1:t6::smiley::+1:t6:
[/quote]Our thoughts are with you Jordan your battles are tougher than most , stay strong and 🫰🏻🤞🏽here’s hoping for a great outcome

2 Likes

Your situation sounds very similar to mine I had a stroke in the thalmus/basal ganglia and one Dr thinks the resting hand tremor and tight band/rigid feeling on my left side could be parkinsonian syndrome; however another nuerologist disagrees and the therapists say it is all the signal as my limbs are actually flexible. Hopefully you get answers and even more relief- nothing I’ve tried has helped and the general consensus is that Botox could be risky because I have functionality. I am desperate for relief from this tone that turns me into a statue. I’m rooting for you to keep progressing.

1 Like

Hello Mbhope
Your symptoms sound similar in ways though my tremor is my entire body not just my left side . Have you spoken to your Dr’s regarding medication that Parkinson patients take & I too have taken for 2 years now that has given some calm to the tremor but very very slightly hence the new approach of Botox which I’m told has great results . I do hope you find a medication that will give you a calmer left side .

Many Thanks Paul
Fingers crossed eh :+1:t6:

:red_car::red_car:

Hi there, yes I tried carbo dopa levadopa, unfortunately with no relief. My hand tremor is the least of my concerns, pain from rigidity is the top. I do have an appointment today with the consulting hospital nuerologist who emphatically stated that I do not have parkinson’s , so I’m interested in hearing how his opinion differs from my regular nuero who did claim he was only guessing. Looking forward to seeing your journey of improvement. Thank you for the information you provide.

Do let me know please their finding on you next appointment Mbhope . Reading your txt telling me it’s the pain & rigidity that is causing you a lot of discomfort unlike my tremor that is I’m told similar to Parkinson syndrome but is ruled out owing to the flexibility of all my joints & I don’t have the rigidity you speak of
Thanks again for your kind words & I do hope in the very near future you find the medication that will give you a more comfortable outlook
Take care
:smiley:

I seem to have a tremor in my bicep in the last week or so on my weak side. It’s made worse by exercise and by tending up. Sometimes it disappears.
Possibly extending to my leg today. I had a stroke in the thalamus 20 months ago.Whilst I can feel the tremor, my wife hasn’t been able to so far.

What did you do on discovery ? Has the tremor got worse ?

Found this previously.
While many secondary effects of stroke occur within minutes to hours after the incident, tremors often have a delayed onset. Of all the post-stroke movement disorders, tremors have the longest delayed onset, occurring anywhere from 1 month to four years after the stroke.

Secondary effects of stroke vary depending on the area(s) of the brain affected. While tremors after stroke are often caused by a stroke in the thalamus or basal ganglia, damage to other areas of the brain may also result in tremors.

1 Like