My Botox journey … continues

This Morning @ Guy‘s Hospital I went for my Onabotulinumtoxin A injections better known to ourselves as Botox it was decided late last year that having these injections would perhaps quieten down my Essential/Resting Tremor a 30 minute procedure in all which if I’m honest has been the brunt of my Stroke recovery for too long now ‘ been told that these injections given to both arms/legs will paralyse the muscles & nerves it’s injected into which can help to reduce the frequency of the tremor ‘ feeling bruised & sore where I was injected but told that’s the norm & will see results If any in 5-7 days .

5 Likes

Really hoping that works well for you @Jordan. Keep us posted on the outcome.

Best regards
Andy

2 Likes

Hope all goes well Mini-man. There’ll be less bruised ankles and shins in London if it goes well.London marathon next year we’ll all look out for you

1 Like

@Jordan hope it works well for you. Xx

1 Like

Thank you ALL for your kind words
Of course I’ll be letting you know what changes develop over the coming days
Still sore where they injected me & waiting patiently for happening’s
Watch this space

:helicopter::red_car::helicopter:

4 Likes

This morning my legs/arm are feeling stiff & finding myself using more of an effort to move them , not frozen let me add I feel i need to focus on moving my joints if that makes any sense
Went for a walk to Battersea park this morning & felt more steadier than I have for a long time though the effort to just walk was tiring
Read up about these symptoms when I got home
Seemingly the heavy rigidity I’m experiencing is all part of what the injections of Botox are doing this stiffness will ease once the brain accepts & works with the drug my tremor what these injections were all about has lessened greatly holding my arms straight in front of me it’s only my hands that have the tremor & im hoping with the days ahead that to will not be so noticeable .
After my drive/walk I was very tired as was working I felt much harder to compensate for the stiffness .
More to come ……

3 Likes

Sounds like there has been a bit of an improvement for you. Lets hope the rest comes in the next few days.

1 Like

That sounds positive @Jordan and hopefully the warm weather will help to rekuevevsome stiffness too for all of us

1 Like

It’s great to hear that you are taking steps to manage your essential/resting tremor through Botox injections! It must have been a challenging journey for you, but it’s encouraging to know that treatments are available to help improve your quality of life.

I sat on the fence making up my mind whether to take or opt out as I found reading as much as I could regarding Botox injections where opinions favoured both for & against almost 50/50 so yes even seeing the needle b4 it being injected I was dubious to say the least though now it’s been almost 2 weeks & it’s showing improvement though I feel I’m struggling with using more effort to move my joints nowhere near a statue but very very stiff so for now taking it one day at a time as the drug works through my system
Thank you for your kind words

:red_car::helicopter::red_car:

4 Likes

I also had botox once at rawbeautyaesthetics.com, but I did it just for beauty. I wish you all the best on your Botox journey!

Added some more information

1 Like

What can you guys advise instead of doing Botox?

1 Like

Hi @bellaball
Welcome to the forum .

Does Argireline peptide Have any applications in the stroke recovery field rather than the anti-wrinkle beauty field? I couldn’t find any refs. I looked and your link above is to a commercial supplier

I haven’t heard of using peptides for stroke so this is an interesting avenue of potential exploration If it has a history - but I have not been able to find anything positive but I did find that natriuretic peptide Is a marker after ischaemic stroke for unfavourable outcomes
Eek

Ciao
Simon

1 Like

Hi @donovapreuss
As treatment Post stroke Botox is used in the alleviation of spasticity.

So any search on spasticity treatments will give alternatives :slight_smile:

Common ones are splinting, stretching, light exercises that starts strengthening and adding control to muscles. Medical and surgical approaches are also possible .

I can paste some links but if you Search the internet for " treatments for spasticity" you’ll turn up lots

Ciao
Simon

1 Like

Hi I have been receiving botox injections in my effected arm and hand. I suffer from dy stonia tightning muscle spasms which close my hand like a tight vice its painfull and shakes. The tightness and muscle spasms cause discomfort and can contract. I have been receiving botox in my arm and thumb every 15 to 20 week’s.I have had a great success that allows my effected hand to open and relax it helps relax my spasms. I have had a few times that it didnt work properly but its trial and error, I also understand that its not suitable for everyone but I stuck it out.

2 Likes