Music glove

Has anyone here used the Fitmi music glove or similar for hand therapy ??

1 Like

I’ve used nuroball & gripable both of which is say are a little helpful but not very

I’ve been reticent to spend of the fit-mi or glove for that reason but if I heard that the glove worked well id buy

They hold sales some times
There is a flint products user group (I sposs that would be an obvious place to ask! I just searched and…

See Music glove

1 Like

Hi, I’m 6 years post stroke following a hemorrhagic stroke which paralysed my left side, I haven’t tried the music glove but regularly use GripAble and Saebo Stim, an electrical stimulation device. Both are great whilst using them but haven’t improved my hand/arm condition. I still have very little movement in my arm and hand.

I would say both are worth a try, as every SS has different issues, so what works for one person, may not work for someone else. I would say that if you are trying to strengthen your hand then GripAble would be a good one to try.

Good luck with your search, hopefully you’ll find what works for you.
Regards Sue

1 Like

Better than grippable is a three foot length of dowling/broom handle grasped and then pronation rotation flex grip etc.
I find I get more out of that piece of wood that I hold and wave around. it is actually more useful than the grippable!
I think the grippable could be much better if they’d amend the software I have suggested to them what amendments they could make but in over a year I’ve seen no change of the sort of things I know would be helpful to me. I that I find extending my arm and gripping and rotating and flexing at once -things I want to all do simultaneously for example to pick up a coffee cup
they all interact with each other and gripable focuses only on a single axis at one time and doesn’t give you any way to for example practise opening your hand while my wrist is rotated
I guess future versions or future products will probably crack it but it hasn’t yet happened so £1 worth of broom handle currently wins!

1 Like

I used it long time, ago

1 Like

Did you have any success with the music glove @msporshakimberly

While still in hospital, unable to move at all, my sister brought me baby/toddler toys. I had no idea how helpful those would become. a fidget spinner helped my eyes…makes no sense, since I was seeing 4 of everything at the time, much like looking through a kaleidescope as well. I think the little things that look like bubble wrap are called pop its, two stress balls of different sizes, a little toy that looked like saturn and its rings I could roll saturn around with either on the table or with my fingers. The big toy looks like a roller coaster with beads to move along a track.

At first I couldn’t do anything with any of them but continuing to try really made a difference.

2 Likes

Oh myc godv how v itv wasc

1 Like

I’ve always compared stroke recovery to that babies learning everything for the first time. And I suppose we are really, as new neurons have grown and new links between neurons have formed. And unlike computers nowadays, there’s no prewritten software that can be installed to get you up and running instantly, it has to be learnt all over again.

For other less damaged parts of the brain it may just be like coming out of a coma, all the information is there, more or less, ready to go just as soon as it’s reawakened enough or may need a refresher course.

@DeAnn Hope you don’t mind me adding a few visuals to your descriptions of baby toys :blush:
Fidget Spinner

Popits

Bead Maze

Saturn teething ring

Babies educational toys are designed to train the brain, to stimulate and focus, educate and concentrate, manoeuvre and manipulate, to learn and refine motor skills. That’s why they’re called educational toys.

3 Likes

Perfect, just the toys I was talking about. My grandson built me a couple of YouTube channels once I was finally home, which we have some fun with together making videos. (He also has his own, built them for his mom, his aunt, the dog, one of the cats and all his friends as well. Like all the young ones, he wants to be an influencer). One of my channels is a puzzle channel…Just he and I doing harder and harder jigsaw puzzles as I get better. I can tell you I only have 6 subscribers on that one. How boring to watch us doing those! :rofl:

1 Like

We get more and more complicated jigsaws for my MIL. The last one we got her was 5000 pieces and would cover just about cover the length for her dining room table fully extended :rofl: We’ve just got to persuade her to start on it :face_with_hand_over_mouth: She keeps saying she won’t have a dining table for Christmas dinner…I’m sure she’d finish it in plenty of time :laughing:

2 Likes

Thx u thats what I been doing taking small babies step trying find different things

2 Likes