Mother Goose

Over the last few days my goose has hatched goslings, unfortunately, only one has made it out of about four or five. Still, she is a happy mother, and the gander, a proud father. It will be a spoilt chick.

13 Likes

That’s lovely to see

5 Likes

Awwww @Rups so lovely to see. Hopefully this one will thrive.

Geese make great guard dogs :grin: xx

4 Likes

i’m with Mahoney…and also have the nasty gift from the Great White North…Canadian Geese…not at all the same thing. I love Canadian’s but they can have their geese back. I am so happy to see you and hope you are starting to feel back on par.

4 Likes

That’s so cute. Thank you for sharing
Regards Sue

3 Likes

A friend of mine was having financial difficulties.
An officer from the tax department turned up, suited, shiny shoes and with brief case under his arm.
My friend had geese. When they lower their heads and begin advancing you know it is time to get out of sight.
They grabbed the tax man’s brief case and threw it over the hedge then chased him all the way back up the lane.

That gosling will be very safe.

4 Likes

:laughing: I used to have a gander like that, one-eyed Samson, he died protecting his gaggle against a fox. He could actually bruise people with his wings, he was a terror.

3 Likes

lovely

my loganberries

3 Likes

@Rups thanks for posting some light relief indeed. Hope the wee critter does well.

3 Likes

They look yummy @tricia3
Enjoy eating them

1 Like

i do the plums are coming as well

6 Likes

They look very nice!!

1 Like

thanks , not as good as the year before last

1 Like

Certainly better than ours. But then our trees have only been in 18 months.

We’ve put in a dual gage and plum, a damson, couple of years ago some blackthorn that haven’t fruited yet, we’ve got a couple of cherries and things that in pots, and a couple of apples that are 20 years old and one of which does very nicely the other two don’t really

1 Like

Got new point of lay hens last year, been fantastic, think poultry folk over the last few years have improved their egg laying capabilities, four chucks, four eggs a day. Ok they are spoiled and have long chats with them.

4 Likes

we have only been in somerset 8 years. so less than that

1 Like

@Pds nothing wrong with spoiling the hens. :grin:Fresh eggs every day. Lovely

2 Likes