Loshy says goodbye

Hi everyone,

I hope you are well. I do have some sad news, Loshy has decided to leave the forum and wanted me to pass on this message to you all:

Hi all stroke buddies.
I am leaving the SF after 2 years as I am having other issues not stroke related.
I don’t feel I can give anything to you all anymore. You have all been great to know and I bless you for all your support you have given me. I would like to wish you all a great recovery and onwards and upwards. With best wishes to you all

12 Likes

Oh!

Did she say why?

I assume you’ve deleted her profile? As Search can’t find it?

If yr still in contact please pass on my thanks for being welcoming to me (and everyone else)

6 Likes

Oh that’s so sad, she has always been so welcoming and such an inspiration to everyone and the first person to give her words of encouragement and empathy. I know she took a step back a while ago, hope she’s ok and wish her well.

Best wishes and kind regards

Sue

6 Likes

Oh that’s really sad to hear. She has been a great support to me over the time i’ve been on the forum & she will be greatly missed.

If you are able to message her please send on my very best wishes.

I hope she’s ok.

Best wishes.

Ann x

5 Likes

She will, most certainly, be missed. I hope she will come back and scan over the forum every once in a while and maybe, one day, be tempted to rejoin. She will get a well deserved welcome home, I hope she realises how loved she is by those here.

Keep on keepin’ on
:writing_hand: :face_holding_back_tears: :star:

5 Likes

I’ll certainly miss her. What a shame. This can be the problem with all types of social media, they can become all consuming. I often feel like I need a rest from it, so I just have a quick browse but don’t get involved with posting. It can be very draining and I know Loraine was having quite a few health issues to deal with.

4 Likes

So sorry she had to leave, she will surely be missed by us all and particularly those members who have known her for so long on here.

3 Likes

Please write this in the forum for me.

Hi everyone I wanted to write to you all but was cut short soon as I said I was leaving.
@CommunityAdmin I never received an email as you said I would.

Hi all stroke buddies.
I am leaving the SF after 2 years as I am having other issues not stroke related.
I don’t feel I can give anything to you all anymore. You have all been great to know and I bless you for all your support you have given me. I would like to wish you all a great recovery and onwards and upwards. With best wishes to you all

love Loraine x x
PSIf you want to stay in touch Andy @TRFCANDY53 has my email

6 Likes

I feel like I have lost two of my best friends. @Loshy and @TRFCANDY53 . I will sorely miss you both as you have been so helpful. I hope you are on to things you really enjoy and will come back to visit now and then. I know you both have plenty of helpful things to share, but most of all I hope you will come back and allow us to share our love and laughs with you.

4 Likes

Hi @DeAnn, I don’t think Andy (@TRFCANDY53) is leaving, I think he was in contact with Loraine and was relying her message.

At least I hope that’s correct?

4 Likes

@Ingo66 i read it the same as you. I think Andy was relaying Lorraine’s message.

3 Likes

Oh, that’s a shame, I always enjoyed Loraine’s input and caring nature. However, I guess we all have to self-manage our lives accordingly and, get the balance right. Hopefully, she will pop in down the track and say, shwmae.

5 Likes

I will miss her. She was one of the first people who answered my initial posts

4 Likes

Sorry all youre still stuck with me. Loraine asked me to relay her message so they are her words and her message.

I do have Loraine’s email address and Loraine is happy for me to pass it on to anyone who wants to get in touch with her that way.

4 Likes

Same for me @FionaB1 she was very supportive when i joined. I understand her wanting to concentrate on her health issues though. Still sad xx

2 Likes

I am happier to know you are not also leaving! That is one mistake I am glad I have made.

2 Likes

It’s not like Lorraine has gone forever and been locked out of here. I’m sure she will be back, she will miss you lot too much.

1 Like

From rereading some threads it appears her account and all her posts have been deleted rather than the account deleted and the posts anonymized - so yes she can come back but all the content contributed appears to have gone .

Possibly it’s still there invisible now. But there isn’t an account. A standard discourse admin feature could have been to anonymize all the posts when the user is deleted but that doesn’t appear to be the option chosen

Course i could be wrong because I can only see the options that are possible not that were selected

Either way it’s a sad loss and we all wish her well on her journey

3 Likes

Loraine can see the forum still and read messages and posts (i think) but cant contribute.

It was a very tough decision for her to leave, but it seems her non stroke health issues are taking their toll and she needs every ounce of energy to tackle those right now.

Loraine is at the end of an email xx.

This forum is full of very very special people xx

2 Likes

Anyone can see every post (not in a closed group like the lounge) because it’s visible to the whole internet as a website.
Any discourse forum can be found by search engines and people with browsers.

This forum is set so that you have to be a member to post - it may actually be a requirement of all discourse sites but I haven’t read that part of the manual.

I can Certainly understand The time it takes to stay as current with the scroll and the emotional energy to support everybody as she clearly was using - I hope the energy saved contributes to an easier path in her health challenges

Thanks for being our conduit Andy; I’m sure you’ve passed on our good wishes

3 Likes