Living alone pre and post stroke

Hello DeAnn
What a lovely response you did for me. I loved it! I didn’t know what a beat poet was so I googled it. Thats an amazing compliment you gave me. I am struggling like we & many of us are. Is it denial maybe? I look normal I guess. I unwittingly grew a new facade I think. I don’t like to show any ‘vulnerability’ because it always got me picked on from nursery school to workplace, including outdoors etc. Be scared and do it anyway club.com. My left hand arm shoulder and bicep took a hit when I collapsed. My brain is fried and tangled and disorganised. I feel perplexed every time I have to speak. I can’t tolerate mishaps and I’m now a mishap. My verbal communication with others makes me frustrated. I don’t understand others and others don’t underdtand me. I watch and repeat watch shows because I’m compelled to fully understand everything because I have always understood complex and distressing information. Now even watching Emmerdale is too complex and I have to repeat watch every episode several times.

3 Likes

There’s something to look forward to, then.
I’m coming up to 14 months. Pitfalls all the way !

ciao, Roland

3 Likes

Be kind to yourself x

1 Like

Hi @Eboni
I’m sure your eloquent expression of the new realities that stroke causes touch us all but it seems you’ve had the worst of many (all?) of us :frowning:

I’ve little to add to the sentiments of @DeAnn @KGB @Strings @Moonie66 et al - you’ll find some of on zoom on Thursdays (and other times) see Zoom meet ups for details in local timezone

Ciao
Simon

5 Likes