Laughing

Watching a comedian had to stop as laughing so much couldn’t breathe

4 Likes

I find I do the same, seem laugh so much more and at the silliest of things…so my grown up kids like to take advantage. Once I start they’ll say and do anything to keep me going as long as possible :roll_eyes: :laughing:

5 Likes

Laughing does miracles for our health. I’d say it’s an essential activity for our bodies to heal optimally. Joy, happiness and a release of tension and all the negatives that go with. We must laugh every day for our healing to reach the next level. It doesn’t matter what makes us laugh, just that we regenerate by laughing. Why did the bicycle fall over? because it was two tired…

Good luck, good laughter, Roland

4 Likes

Laughter is the best medicine…but you did right stopping when its getting to the point of not being able to breath :wink:

It must be a stroke effect but one I’m quite happy to keep. Although it can be inconvenient at times, as funny thoughts can come into my head at the most inappropriate times to set me off :confounded: Then I have to work hatd to stiffle the laughter.

By the way, which comedian was it :grinning:

2 Likes

@Mickyboy it’s good to laugh.

I’m terrible if I get the giggles as it often takes months for me to stop chuckling about something.

Keep laughing xx

2 Likes

My OT at the stroke recovery unit told me to watch something everyday that makes me laugh. Gives me the opportunity to watch re runs of my favourites. I love Still Game, Father Ted, Friday Night Dinner, Man Down, Blackadder, I Know What you did in the Shadows and anything with Bob Mortimer. It really does make a huge difference to me.

5 Likes

Your OT sounds great. That’s great advice and a perfect excuse to watch all your favourites :grin::grin:. I might have to try that when hubby is hogging remote :joy:

2 Likes

Nip onto eBay or Amazon and buy a second one. Lea and I both have a remote (except when she loses hers and steals mine)
:slight_smile:

1 Like

I think that might lead to arguments and lots of channel hopping :grin:. I just wait for him to go to sleep…….much less painful :joy::joy:

2 Likes

What’s so great about Switzerland, Roland? I don’t know, but its flag has a big plus on it. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

So does England’s, Sweden, Georgia,…

3 Likes

Right from the start of @SimonInEdinburgh’s #StrokeJourney, we’ve laughed.

Even when he was in hospital, we joked, giggled and laughed.

The running joke was, and still is occasionally, the sponge on a stick :see_no_evil::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

When my father and I were caring for your mother after her stroke, sometimes we would end up just laughing. The resignation was the healthy solution at the moment. Making it a lighthearted moment.

I think there’s a Zen Buddhist saying that says:

When everything goes wrong, laugh. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

When Lea refers to a sponge on a stick…Which has been a recurrent theme we did record a video for the stroke associations hope after stroke campaign here it is

And here is another one from today…

3 Likes

I was laughing right along with you!

You look great, Simon. You really do. :man_lifting_weights:

2 Likes

Laughed so much had to stop as could not breathe watching utube it hurts

1 Like