Kettle bell Sunday

My last post was a little down beat , but in order to boost mood and burn some calories

I got the kettlebell weights out and had a mini workout

500 swings at 10kg that is between my legs hang on to my weight one armed
Then 20 squats with the 10kg and 25 lifts with the right arm using the 4 kg baby weight.

I am fare puffing and have a warm feeling all over , the chemical release is fabulous , thoroughly recommended.

Take care everyone have a good weekend.

4 Likes

Wow well done @mrfrederickson thats some workout. I’m exhausted thinking about it :grin:

Have a great Sunday x

1 Like

Thanks mrs5k, I was out of puff but still outside doing my car checks always a little further.

2 Likes

@mrfrederickson that is great. I have a wee bit of balance problems when I try these, but will work on it. It certainly is aerobic and a nice change from the usual bike or treadmill . Here is a fellow who has found more uses for the kettlebell.

2 Likes

That’s excellent progress well done!

2 Likes

Well…I hope the video might be helpful. The guy has some good tips.

1 Like

Just watched a few of his others too. Now the farmers walk I’m very familiar with, been doing it most my life. But instead of a kettlebell I use bags full of shopping :rofl: I like some of them other ones though, will have to try them down the gym. :smile:

1 Like

Thanks

As soon as the left is back in the game I’ll build up the wasted muscle and get back to before.
We

1 Like

@mrfrederickson Whats better? putting the kettle on, or swinging it?
Hope you get that “left” built back, quick as Bob’s your uncle.

@EmeraldEyes If you ever watch the strongman events on TV they use 300 lbs in each hand about 136 kilos…my goodness.

1 Like

The left arm has minimal movement so a long time to go before any non passive operation can happen.

I have seen them lift and toss those :grimacing: I tried lift one of what I thought was a lighter one in the gym once…but thought I’d better put it back before before I dropped it on my foot :sweat_smile: :crazy_face: Mind you I couldn’t even push a hoover around back then :laughing:

It’s reintroducing the lighter weights building back up to the 20 kg I was using before the stroke

1 Like

Is that what the cattle bell is used for? I use mine to bend walking sticks :grin:

2 Likes

@Rups :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Good one. Useful for sure.

2 Likes

They keep me fit in later life

1 Like

**Hi the workout sounds brilliant going to give it a try later will let you know how it goes

regards
wattsy