Insomnia

Continuing the discussion from Insomnia:I think I read someone’s message about taking Amytriptilene which I have just been put on to help my sleep and chronic head pressure .Any views on this medication ?

1 Like

Don’t know anything about sleep medications. But, I’d suggest trying CBD oil if your doctors approve. Jeanne

1 Like

I know-- My GP and my cardiologist said it was ok-- and I am on 2 blood thinners–Elequis and 81 mg asprin. :thinking: Jeanne

I took my first Amytriptaline last night . It knocked me out which was rather welcome after 3 sleepless nights . I live in hope that it will relieve head pressure . Thanks for everybody’s input .

2 Likes

Thank you your responses everyone . I feel very spacey this morning but as I am entirely new to this dope(!) it isn’t surprising . I know I must persevere . Where is the person I was ? Certainly not round here

2 Likes

I’m sorry to report that Amitryptaline has made me feel quite awful this afternoon . OK this morning but earlier and now at 6.20 I feel so ill I have to go to bed . Do you think I ‘ll feel better tomorrow .?I do hope so .

2 Likes

Jane-- I just read an article on the net about CBD and blood thinners. It’s a little complicated, but there is info out there if you’re interested in researching. What I gathered is that CBD can intereact with the breakdown(or metabolizing) of the blood thinner, causing it to build up and thus possible causing bleeding. (If I understood it.) But not with all blood thinners. The effect can be possibly modified by not using the two at the same time, monitoring the dosage of CBD, etc. The one I take (Elequis) is one that can be affected by CBD. I think it must become more of an issue if one is taking it all the time and perhaps in larger(?) doses. Anyway, I am not too concerned for myself, since I only use it when I have a spasm. That used to be once at night. Now, I only need it occasionally. I may be all wrong about this, but that’s what I’ve gleaned. I think you should really talk it out with your doctor. Jeanne

1 Like

i wake up early 6 or before, i have head pressure, is that to do with stroke. itake loistartin before i go to bed

blood pressure tablet/ not on statins as doc said i can try coming off for two weeks so i did , got a blood test today about my sprained leg ,thin bones then a scanon 14

I have just taken .5

mg Amitryptaline for 3
Days and it has made me so ill I have come off
It

1 Like

If you are finding the dose too much you can always chop them in half or even quarters as my hubby does. And just take a quarter to see how that goes for the night.

1 Like