Initial Research Findings - Benefit Finding Amongst Young Stroke Survivors

Hi Everyone,

A couple of days ago you let us know that you’d like us to share the results of research studies that have been promoted on this thread, so we’ve been in touch with researchers and will share results on here as we get them.

These research projects are not associated with the Stroke Association in any way. We can’t comment on the results (honestly I don’t know enough about any of these to!) but will include the names of the researchers if you have any direct questions.

The first set of results is from a team at The Florey in Australia, the largest brain research centre in the Southern Hemisphere. Their study explores the relationship between benefit finding and factors such as personality and social support amongst younger stroke survivors.

Researcher: Jason Yeung lokhimy@student.unimelb.edu.au

2 Likes

Dan thanks for listening hearing and acting :slight_smile:

A rare thing - very much appreciated

Ciao
Simon

2 Likes

Sadly, I cannot zoom in large enough to read this. It distorts too much in the stretching. I am very interested in research. I was hoping to read it.

1 Like

Hi @DeAnn

This particular piece of research is on linked in at

There is quite a lot of other stuff if you visit Fleury’s home page (I’ll leave this typo cuz I quite like cru Beaujolais!:grinning:) at

(@Nigelglos
Their heading impressed me enough that I searched and wasn’t disappointed :slight_smile: I haven’t read but thought the titles might interest you

With a total read time of under 6 minutes It has got to be worth seeing where the breadcrumbs lead :slight_smile:

Ciao
Simon

[Edit - have read now there’s a sign up form on paper two worth having a prod at I would think. Paper 3 is obviously out there on the edges of research in the lab but sounds interesting might be worth reaching out to the individuals who are leading these programs]

2 Likes

The more you know about pain the better the pain ?
Interesting

2 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m glad this has been interesting!

Thanks @SimonInEdinburgh for sharing more information - apologies to @DeAnn that the orignal image didn’t work zoomed in :see_no_evil: every day’s a tech learning day!

2 Likes

Thank you, Simon. I have been reading through the articles at The Florey, and I have found some very interesting. I am impressed with what they are doing and trying to do.

1 Like

I put my details down for the pain education but not sure if being in the UK means I am able to participate. Time will tell

1 Like

In part that was why I suggested you reach out to the named researchers because my guess is that your level of knowledge makes you a very singular participant in any research.

I often reply to researchers who have geographical boundaries to point out that modern communication mechanisms are geographically boundaryless and I generally get a positive reply

Ciao
Simon