In Your Dreams

Good luck with your eye test. Really hope there is some positive news for you x

3 Likes

My partner also has very vivid dreams like this. He’s always using his right hand in the dreams, doing practical jobs, screwing something or whisking. He was very handy before and also always cooking. In the dreams he is always fine too. He’s devastated each time he wakes and realisation hits. We both feel for you.
He says it’s kind of nice and kind of not too. The brain is certainly a complex beast ey.

4 Likes

I’ve heard many times that part of neuroplasticity is visualisation - to the extent that mirror box therapy is driving visualisation by using a mirror to watch the unaffected limb.
I’m struck by the idea that dreams are the most vivid visualisation possible - so I’m going to ignorantly speculate that dreaming of using your limbs in a functional capacity is good for neuroplasticity!

It certainly can’t be bad!!

Unfortunately I don’t have vivid dreams :frowning:

Caio

Simon

3 Likes

Thank you all, knowing your about to wake up and remember what’s happened can be upsetting, the wonderful thing about being on here is everyone just gets it and no real need to explain and the feeling for peoples situation is just there, best wishes x

2 Likes

I quite often dream that I wake up and am able to walk properly again, I have difficulty walking as I have severe weakness in my leg, need to wear a splint and use a walking stick. Funny thing is that, because i’ve had the dream so many times now, I am usually suspicious that I am probably dreaming, within the dream. Then sometimes I think it’s not a dream because it’s so real and I wake up disappointed. I had my stroke 4 years ago, have made some considerable progress, and try different things every day to try to improve further so maybe that’s why I keep on having the same dream because I’m so desperate to get my mobility back

4 Likes

Maybe that is our sub-concious mind willing us on to get better. It is always good to maintain a positive mindset. Even a small improvement is a positive step.

2 Likes

Have you considered hypnotherapy??

1 Like