I think I'm having another nothing day...should I just go back to bed

I put my phone in the washing machine this morning :face_with_raised_eyebrow: But to be fair, I’d shoved it in a bundle of washing I was carrying down stair…which I promptly put in the washing machine and set it going. 5/10mins later as I bit into my toast, I suddenly remembered :roll_eyes: :confounded: :weary:

It’s now in the airing cupboard in rice drying out :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :pray: But I’m not holding out much hope :sweat_smile: And the most annoying thing about…I’d finally downloaded all my music onto it. It’s taken me 2yrs to get around to doing that and now I might have start all over again if I have to get a new phone. So it’s back to crappy gym music again :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Made my hubby and I a cup of tea, half drunk mine, drunk nearly all of his before I realised mine was still sitting there only half drunk…to be fair, they were both sitting in front of me and I busy reading at the time :sweat_smile:

So I went an made him another cup and brought it into him only realise I’d made him my earl grey :laughing: Then he tells me he’d asked for coffee…and the kids agreed with him :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Now they’re all ganging up on me saying don’t go in the car to gym, in fact maybe I need to forget the rest of the and just go back bed :dizzy_face: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So I promptly reminded them all of all the things I’ve had to find for them just in the last two days, watch, guillotine, pliers, ruler, phone, son even messaged me at the gym yesterday for the crimps :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

So I’m off to the gym anyway :worried: :sweat_smile: :rofl: What’s the worst that can happen :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Oh dear, no, don’t go back to bed whatever you do, you may roll off the edge in your sleep. I hope you didn’t have one of those expensive, digital fandangles, what a pain.

3 Likes

What’s the best that can happen? that you enjoy exercising your body at the gym!

3 Likes

@EmeraldEyes oops sounds like you’re having one of those days…it did make me chuckle though :face_with_hand_over_mouth: sorry :grin:

Hope the gym broke your jinx xx

2 Likes

No I didn’t go back to bed, I went to the gym despite the family’s ribbing. Had thoroughly good workout and drove home again without incident :grin:

Then I tried to make 2 coffees with cold water because I didn’t switch the kettle on :confounded: And…I’ve forgotten to defrost the fish for tonight :weary:

My family are never going to let me live this day down. My hubby’s been sending all sorts of phone related messages and funnies to my daughter’s phone to pass on to me in the gym because I haven’t got a phone anymore, just to rub a little more salt into the wound. And now my own siblings have started in on me :frowning_face:
I need this day to end so I can start again…then I’ll get my own back :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

@EmeraldEyes

It’s a new day. Forgive yourself and please forgive us for having a laugh at your expense.

Fingers crossed now.

keep on keepin’ on
:writing_hand: :smile: :heart:

2 Likes

I had to look up salt in the wound to see the origins. So although it would sting, it would dry a wound up so it was actually a good thing.
Almost links to the phone in the rice and hopefully it will take the moisture out of the phone.

2 Likes

It’s all good Bobbi, we’ve having having a laugh all day about the day I’ve been having :laughing: particularly with my phone. My hubby and daughter are milking it for its worth . . . because they know I’m going to get my own back :wink: :smiling_imp:

As for the phone, WhatsApp on my computer is still connected with the phone but I don’t know how much longer I’ll have that :roll_eyes:

1 Like

It was a healing mechanism because it also establishes an environment within which bacteria are inhibited

1 Like

Vinegar and brown paper was used for wounds in the Napoleonic wars. Maggots for cleaning wounds of dead tissue.
Leeches seemed very popular once and general blood letting.

These don’t seem as popular on the NHS now

3 Likes

The Napoleonic war is also credited with the observation that the wounded near the fire died and the wounded in the snow away from the fire survived.

I suspect the brown paper was better than cloth because it did not harbour dirt and the vinegar is again the antibacterial.

Orangutangs are reportedly able to determine the right plant to collect for similar results. they chew it into a paste and apply the paste to their wounds! Eg

Much strife in the world comes from different outlooks on what is right then how to do it. It sometimes moves on but can get sociologically frozen. Two major threads of religion chose different methods to sanitise water. One was happy making the water too poisonous for the microbes by polluting it with alcohol and the other killed the microbes by boiling it. One is thus the source of tea and the other beer.

Leeches are still used in the NHS ([EG](Leech Therapy | Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust . there is a farm in Wales that breeds them. Apparently therapeutic phlebotomy still has a few uses in specific cases but is no longer regarded as a means to balance the humerous

½¢ worth of waffle
:slight_smile:

1 Like

That was a good read. Enjoyed that :grin:

2 Likes

I worked with a bloke who always chewed garlic. He said it saved his life in WW2 when there was an outbreak of something or other in Mediterranean . My Mum use to use stinging nettles on her arthritic knuckles as a distraction

2 Likes

Both stinging nettles and vinegar contain an acid as does lemon juice.
Bacteria do not thrive in an acidic environment.
For this reason these substances were used on wounds to inhibit infection and also on food to slow down decay.
In general preservatives were and are useful in both the kitchen and the surgery.

Don’t get me on my favourite hobby horse about how essential salt and sugar are to our welfare.

Keep on keepin’ on
:writing_hand: :smile: :+1:

1 Like

The Romans used them for encouraging blood flow, their irritant also contains serotonin, formic acid, a histamine, and I have read is credibly report as to being useful against anxiety (wasn’t clear to me if that was from the roots or other parts)

All round there is quite a folklore of how helpful they are for various conditions

1 Like

Pity they can’t cure my phone’s current ailment…it’s dead. Got a new one coming tomorrow, fortunately the SIM and SD cards were spared :sweat_smile: So hopefully big son will have it up and running by the time I get back from my Aphasia group tomorrow :grin:

And then the big headache begins…wonder if vinegar and brown paper would cure that :thinking: :crazy_face:

1 Like

@EmeraldEyes

I think you might have entered the stage where the large hammer will be needed.

Also all permission to use such machinery as washing machines should be immediately withdrawn, only to be re-instated after a course on health and safety in relation to mobile device handling has been completed.

Considering the alarm and distress that it has caused to all around you, I’m sure you understand the need for caution in these matters.

I hope this has been a salutary lesson and there will be no repeats in the future.

from all those who care about you

2 Likes

:rofl: Yeh, because taking the proverbial out of their wife/mother/sister every chance they can get, has just been sooo distressing for them :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Actually :thinking: come to think of it, that is not such a bad idea actually, withdrawing permission to use machinery. No more washing or cooking or hoovering etc, would give so much more time to do so many other things…plus some added time in the gym :smiley:

Thank you Bobbi, can I send all complaints your way when they come flying thick and fast :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

@Bobbi @EmeraldEyes thank you for making me laugh. Just what I needed today :grin::grin:

2 Likes

We aim to please :grin: :people_hugging:

3 Likes