I Love to Walk

Now walking without a cane, sort of like a wobbly penguin, but I have a steady tempo. Half a mile and then back. As an artist, I’ve painted my local roads ( my walking roads) acrylic on board. Hope you enjoy.

15 Likes

Splendid work. I recall not having to use my cane and, yes, like you I had a wobbly stagger that I used to describe as a gunslinger stride. Your artwork is lovely. :grinning:

2 Likes

That is good news and cause for celebration, you’ve come a long way in a year.:partying_face: :clap: :clap: :clap:
That is good progress and will start to get easier and you’ll gradually go further.

I didn’t have a cane, I just used my hubby :laughing: OT and physio didn’t recommend me using a cane as they reckoned it could delay or hamper my ability to walk again.

1 Like

Well done on your progress you are going great, love your artwork, so clever to be able to paint like this, the colours and composition are wonderful! Makes me feel like I’m on the walk myself! I held my husbands and children’s hands when out side doing the school walk etc. for support but started to get more stability and strength , my goal was to take them to school again x

3 Likes

Excellent paintings, you have a wonderful talent.
I’m presently at the stage of trying to improve my walking and build my stamina. I love the description ’ penguin walk’ and it pretty much describes how I imagine I must look to others. I’ve been using my cane as a safety device in case I trip but I’m now trying to stop using it because I’ve noticed that it tends to make my shoulders ache and it is actually preventing me from walking properly upright. Practice iand perseverance is the key I guess.

4 Likes

Morning @Outlander. You certainly have a talent, these are beautiful and a motivation to get outside.
I’ve walked mile upon mile during my recovery, not perfectly, I call it my wobble walk, and I still use a walking pole if there are any down rough bits but it does good things for my well being and I am so grateful I can do this. As soon as I was able I used to walk the corridor multiple times a day on the hospital ward using a quad frame.
Thank you for sharing, Julia x

2 Likes

Good morning and Well done :clap:, your art work is amazing. Congratulations on walking without your stick, practice makes perfect. Keep on keeping on, you’ve made great progress.

Regards Sue

3 Likes

@Outlander fabulous paintings. You have a great talent.

Good work on the walking too. You’ll soon be walking miles x

1 Like

@EmeraldEyes
@Susan_Jane
@Mrs5K
@Rups
@Strings
@Elle1
Thanks for the wonderful replies. Now, when I try to use the cane, it throws me off. At first, when you give up the cane it takes a wee bit of courage to venture out.

5 Likes

And that in itself tells you that you are already making good progress in your walking cane. I found the same when I gave up my hubby’s arm :laughing: Although he still had to walk kirb side to me so I didn’t wander out into the road with my stagger :woozy_face:

4 Likes

@EmeraldEyes I have two acres of lawn and I often walk around on the grass with bare feet and this is so good for giving strength to the ankles and toes. There is a steep hill at the top of the property and I get good aerobics going up and down a few times. It is actually safer than the road if I were to fall.

5 Likes

Those are truly amazing @Outlander - what a skill you have!

1 Like

@Mahoney Thanks so much and Bert as well.

What a great way to combine your talent with your recovery. Im up to 3 miles a day 5 days a week now. Sounds like tou are making great progress. Nice Art!

1 Like

Wow beautiful art work well done :grinning: … sadly both me and my husband have spinal probs plus arthritis in a good few places and it is difficult for us both to walk anywhere … my hip and back won’t let me even do a full shop for groceries, so I get a delivery … I would love to have got to my old age and still been able to enjoy a nice walk through the woods, along the seashore … thank you for showing your lovely walking areas

2 Likes

@JuliaH Forgot to thank you. I appreciate your reply.
2lanegypsy thanks, 3 miles wow, that’s great.
Ismeval Thanks. Prayers for you and your husband.

2 Likes

Talking about walking, my wife and I went away for a few days recently and as we visited a couple of shops, one had a picture frame with this in, which we thought was really funny:

Falling in love and getting married is like a deck of cards.
You are two hearts and a diamond.
After a few years it’s a club and a spade …

2 Likes

@Bert Ha Ha, good one Bert.

1 Like

Beautiful paintings. Beautiful place to walk. You’ll be stronger every day!

@Songbird1 thanks so much.