How the mighty have fallen

Functional electrical stimulation (FES)

I’m always having to look things up and I’ve learnt so much doing that just from being on the forum :laughing: :face_with_spiral_eyes:

3 Likes

I am thinking EE that I will give mine up.

On Monday, for the first time since the stroke, I walked a small part of the way to meet my daughter on her way back from school. First time I had done that and it felt nice. Proper dad thing to do.

Yesterday and today I went out with a walk with the physio. The common thing with all 3 was I didn’t use the fes.

On Saturday I had the device on and got a fair way into my walk and was thinking, not much help here today. Had tested it earlier, pads in the best place and foot was moving over quite a lot.

Was only when I got home did I find the sticky pad was no longer on my leg but stuck to my trousers. No wonder it didn’t feel like it was helping !!

5 Likes

Thanks for that … I couldn’t find anything on google except a large U.K. company :+1:
Val

4 Likes

@SimonInEdinburgh oh if only twas that easy.

The electrodes were placed in many different locations & all done by a very experienced professional. I was at the clinic for hours and hours on 2 separate occasions. I never got to bring the device home :slightly_smiling_face: They had to turn the settings up to the highest level which was extremely painful & even then it just turned my foot inwards…i think this is an FND thing rather than strictly just my stroke.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that

I have found that various things suggested to me as helpful were not helpful when suggested with but with developing capability became a usefull later for a period of time that was finite

So I guess you could be not ready, no longer ripe for it - Just if it’s something where you do have a need don’t write it off as or tried it once didn’t work never worth think ing about again

Ciao
Simon

3 Likes