Home Recovery

Dear wonderful people,

Here is my Home Recovery album, on Flickr made with love. It illustrates with photos and videos the main events of my rehab at home. If you click on the individual photos and scroll down you will hopefully notice the captions which tell the stories behind the photos… I dedicate this album to all you fabulous folk who are on a similar journey of recovery. Hopefully you will find inspiration, tips and joy as you look through the album.

Home Recovery

Happy viewing, Roland

2 Likes

Hows the mirror box going?

I did similar looking at right hand while brushing with a feather, then the left hand to teach the brain how it should feel.

4 Likes

Glad you’ve made progress. My paraesthesia is much better. It’s hard to tell if it has worked, but I am comfortable with this therapy.
ciao, Roland

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing @pando you have come a long way & have clearly put a lot of hard work i to your recovery.

Truly inspiring.

3 Likes

I have seen your album but had not seen this post. I was able to see it from another post you made that connected to your flicker. I almost got another app just so I could see it all. That’s saying a lot about how helpful I see it to be. I despise apps and try to stay away from them, but some are definitely worth the trouble. I am very happy and excited that you are sharing things that can make so much good change for others. Thank you for that!

2 Likes

Thanks, DeAnn

For your encouragement, and support. As I add to “Home Recovery” album ( yes, it’s a work in progress), I aim to include more about me wriggling out of the frustrations and limitations of my current predicament. I will never own a magic wand, but I wish to leave a record of my struggle and progress, and a record of what and who helped me along the way. I long to run or walk across a lawn without pain; that goal is what I strive for. Several people have said I will get back to doing those things, but the solution seems difficult, if not impossible at this moment in time.

Following advice from others, I sometimes imagine the day that my leg feels okay, and I can walk and run. What then? Well, I almost won’t know what to do, what to research, what to strive for?! Of course, I hope to be doing something creative… maybe I will finally have learned how to paint decently… really decently, and can wander off into a field for the afternoon to paint some beautiful countryside in the open air?

I hope all fellow stroke warriors can reach these goals, and break free from the prison we find ourselves in, and celebrate with me, some day. Meanwhile, we all need to enjoy our quest to find peace and happiness, and rejoice that we are not journeying alone. So thanks for your company and support,

Hope we all get well, ciao, Roland

4 Likes

I don’t know how I would have survived being stuck in my home. Blessedly, I have the backyard that I have in order to be able to ‘explore’ nature, even if it is from a chair on the deck. I can walk around my yard but not easily. I would try hiking trails if anyone would take me. My hiker friends would mostly want to climb, which I am likely unable to do for now (it’s the downhill that would get me). My family do not enjoy hiking, so they are not going, Hiking sidewalks is no fun to look at, and hard on my body. Leaves me very sore. I dream of kayaking again. Maybe this year?!

3 Likes

… and I have a lovely garden and patio ; I could not breathe without it
a 4 hour walk exercises you in a special way ; I cannot do that… yet!!

Kayaking is great, ciao, Roland

2 Likes

Really hope you get to try kayaking again. Perhaps there is a club that will help people with disabilities?

I’m afraid of the water so no kayaking for me but it does sound fun :grinning: xx

3 Likes