Here's looking at yew kid

A yew-nique Sunday treat, visiting the yew-kay’s oldest yew tree. Now, it has to be said that it is arg-yew-ably not the yew-kay’s oldest yew tree, and there are many rivals who also claim the title. This tree is, supposedly, over 5600 yrs old, making it at least one of the oldest. It was such a pleasant outing, with Stout Irish Rarebit for lunch, and a flat white I requested be made yew-sing a spirit level. Here are the results of my day.

7 Likes

@Rups love it…i saw what yew did there :grin: looks like yew had a great day.

3 Likes

Very droll :slight_smile:

I tried match :sheep: -…
Looks like you had a very Poplar day out. The weather looks as though it was Oak-ay too

And pretty rough terrain to be clambering upon!

Who took the shots? This gives me the hope that life is improving

4 Likes

Bore da Simon, I’m glad you found it am-yew-sing. The terrain was okay for me, I was in a cemetery, so not far to go if I came a cropper. I was with family, partner and son. Aye, I just try and muddle along, and do enjoy these kind of outings. I was impressed with the cafe that serves little else other than Welsh rarebit.

I am stumped on “I tried match :sheep: -…” the closest I can get is that ewe too feel the need to pun.

4 Likes

Where were yew?
I thought the oldest yew in the UK was at Fortingall Church in Scotland🤷

4 Likes

Shwmae @BakersBunny, we were in Defynnog, Brecon. It’s not the oldest but some claim it to be, there are many “oldest yews”, and I imagine the locals of each area like to rally around those claims. It was still delightful, no less. It is actually one yew split in half to form two. I rather fancy yews, and even made a bonsai version for my window ledge as seen below.

5 Likes

Very impressive. You’ll soon be climbing mountains!

4 Likes

This is so lovely! And you are looking amazing, says the lady who rarely bothers to comb her hair or dress for the day. I am in awe of your outings, as well as @SimonInEdinburgh and @EssexPhil . I get to travel and learn more about the people, culture and beauty of other places in this world, thanks to the three of you and more. I used to do it through cooking meals from around the globe, but I think this is much better. Thank you so much for sharing!

3 Likes

Dioch yn fawr @DeAnn, it is possibly the ancient energy of the yew surging through me.

3 Likes