Heart reveal device

Hi, 8 months post stroke and just had one of these fitted as they have no idea what caused it … Has anyone else got one and if so how long until it stops hurting ? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Wish I could help, but I have no idea what that is. I have not had one, though. I know a pacemaker does not hurt for long, but that wouldn’t be the same thing. Maybe close to the same thing for a monitor.

I really just replied because I wanted to say hello, and to wish you well with this device and with your journey. I hope it won’t hurt for very long and that you are well on your way to recovery.

1 Like

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:, it’s a tracker device inserted under your skin to see if there are any abnormalities with your heart , alot more painful than I thought

1 Like

I have something similar and the discomfort gwts bwtter over time.
I know where mibe is but often forget its there now.

Hope its better for you soonest

Andy

2 Likes

Hi Caz-- I had a pacemaker installed after my stroke. Your device is very similar, as I understand. It monitors your heart beat to look for abnormalities. MY stroke was caused by afib, which they found from an on top of the skin monitor that I wore for a day. Since afib can be hard to find-- can be quiet for several months and then the heart fibulates abnormally and it causes a stroke. Since its often sporatic, many people have an under-the-skin one put in to catch it. Your device is similar to a pacemaker in size and installation. Mine was a little sore at first, because it was a new affront to the body, stitches and all. I slept on my back for a while. But. I can honestly say, the body adjusts as the tissues inside and out heal, and it quits bothering you. So, be patient, let it heal and your will adjust. Don’t worry about it. I don’t even know its there now. (I did order a little pad for my car seat belt, though, so it didn’t rub that area. You’ll be alright. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It saved my life I had one fitted after a lot of thought.One day I had a call fromthe hospital they had spotted something on the device which somehow went automatically through to the hospital and I had to go in immediately to monitor my heart and then two days later I was fitted with a pacemaker so they are worth getting them fitted. Norma Jean

2 Likes