Going private?

I’m also two years post and still struggling with most aspects of physical movement. I can only do about 10 minutes with a walking aid. I developed foot drop about a year ago which makes things more difficult. I’m hoping in better I will get out more. Until then my exercise is around my flat. I found one physiotherapist by word of mouth and another by trying a few sessions with them. I now don’t have any but do rely heavily on Utube. Which I find has videos for every ill! Good luck

2 Likes

Did you not get support from the team at flitwick they supported me when i had a stroke in jan 23and were brilliant

1 Like

Hi Georgie
Did you have physio at home at any point ? You might be able to get yourself re-referred if you are struggling. I did here when my walking deteriorated.

The other option, if you have an MS centre near you, have a look if they take other brain injury people. They seem to offer all sorts of good things for a low cost. This is an example of one in Bristol

Thanks
Nigel

1 Like

Hi @Georgie2021
Do you have any favourite YouTube channels?

There’s a few good ones listed in Post stroke Org

Ciao
Simon

Hello Monika, this thread has been very informative for me because I also have FND (functional neurological disorder) and had no idea how close it is to stroke, in terms of treatment. I searched for a private neuro physio and have had two sessions at my home. I haven’t been seen by any NHS staff since the end of September. I was carefully assessed for strength and balance and given exercises to do and links to follow up for other activities I might do. I hope you find someone to help you.

1 Like