Garden centre encounter

I know I turn sixty this year but on tottering out of the store yesterday a kindly older lady enquired as to my heath etc. and after chatting me up asked if I was on my own an d then got her friend involved in the group chat all very nice but my wife was two fee to my right and grinning her head off.

I know stroke is a great way of destroying one’s life but to be pulled by a couple of 80 year old girls is the last straw, bless them they were worried I had been abandoned, it was like being separated from my mother. Another new low, my father in law proclaiming this morning, I hear you copped off in the garden centre…

10 Likes

So brilliant!! Were you wearing a nice aftershave or just some flash gladrags?!?!

K

:wink: :polar_bear:

Polar Bear in Suit Animal Portrait Polar Bear Digital - Etsy UK

5 Likes

Sadly I was with stick unshaven and not at my best having just eaten a bacon butty
I think they felt sorry for me and once knew I had had a stroke went into full caring mode bless them. I’m glad I had appeal especially when the First Lady called her friend over to run through my condition and recovery. Both impressed with my ability and determined approach

6 Likes

@mrfrederickson

Heh, heh, heh.

I love it!

Keep on keepin’ on
:writing_hand: :grin: :+1:

3 Likes

Fantastic story to tell. You’ve still got the charm then :+1::+1:

2 Likes

There are good people out there. Several times into my new journey concerned folk have asked
“ you ok mate.?” My first trip to village post office draw cash, two fives! Two tens and two twenties. Scattered them on my way out. Kind soul tapped me on shoulder, “ these yours ?”

5 Likes

Thanks Bobbi, not my greatest accomplishment but quite sweet when you think it through. Must have been my stylish nhs stick that got them started or the fact one nearly knocked me over by approaching me on my left side at speed and me not seeing them in time nearly bowling me over, can’t move by the old girl got to hand it to her

5 Likes

Hi, very funny, I love that :joy:. Early in my recovery we were out shopping and popped into a coffee shop and when my husband got up to order our coffees, I was chatted up by an elderly gentleman, who was in the shop with a group of friends. :smiley:. We still laugh about it now. One of the ladies with him came over and said “Watch him, he loves the ladies”. It was hilarious but did my confidence the world of good at the time.

Keep on keeping on :+1:

Regards Sue

4 Likes

Hi. It just goes to prove that we old ladies still have some life in us!! This octogenarian was in the gym on an exercise bike today. Love your story. Cheers Lilies. Xx

4 Likes

@mrfrederickson love it :grin: all attention is good :blush: you probably made their day x

2 Likes

Thanks Susan the attention was nice but weird not been chatted up since way before I was married,mainly when at work from marked colleagues who were lonely I think.

3 Likes

Sweet! Now you know how to use that cane to your advantage! :laughing:

I only ever attract young me who either need a damsel in distress to take care of, or hoping I will keel over and leave them my home. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

@DeAnn

Darn it !! Rumbled !

3 Likes

Well who ever they are I’m sure they would be very lucky and you are capable and not in distress certainly for much longer.

Upon your recovery you can get on line and pull a top class person to share your life and dreams.

2 Likes

@mrfrederickson

Have you planned out your next spots to go on the pull?!?

What about the supermarket or just local park?!? Maybe ask your wife to stay close just in case one of those lovely ladies is actually a serial killer but otherwise just do your thing!! I’m sure she’ll actually be proud when you turn them down gently, point at your wife, and say sorry I could never leave this angel!!

Win for you confidence boost, win for your wife confidence boost and win for the smoking party girls - they will get to practice their chat up lines!!

K

:polar_bear: :wink:

How do polar bears find their love match? Flirty play in the snow till they  drop | Aeon Videos

1 Like

Perfect picture for this I would say! Also, the grocery is a great place to flirt. I used to have men following me around, politely, of course, or I would have beat them senseless with a jar of pepperoncini. Mostly they would start by asking where they could find something, then what was I going to use my items for, and a recipe. I used to cook very well and always had a nice variety of foods in my cart. I also shopped just once a month so it looked like I was feeding an army.

2 Likes

Are there top class people online? LOL. I know there are, as my friends have met the right spouses that way. Yes, I am sure of it. I have not had much luck with that, but then my empathy gets in the way. I think I will stick to just me. I can spend more of my time, resources and love on myself that way. Have plenty of good friends and loving family to share it with.

2 Likes

Obviously a person not to be trifled with.
I used supermarket dating in my youth, went out with ba few women most were lonely cat loving psychopaths.

3 Likes

Are you calling me names? I can be lonely at times, and I do adore cats. And what do you call a woman who would beat you with a glass jar in a public place? HAHAHAHAHAH…(laughing with madness). It is nearly Halloween, must be scary to get into the mood for it. The people in my neighborhood will be making haunted houses of their homes and strewing webs, monsters, witches and ghosts around the yards…The Nightmare that overtook Christmas!

1 Like

Yes how true but I still married a witch to prove my mother was right and had 6 years of hell.

2 Likes