Feeling the cold

Haha :laughing:

Thanks, he looks mischievous :slight_smile:

Mechanic has in cars or mechanical engineer in some other field?

I’ve been thinking about a thread on "What skills do we have that are invisible through our posts” I think I’ll start one :slight_smile:

1 Like

I started on cars now i am repairing lawnmowers as i can not manage the car repairs Rrnie is my little mate he kept me sane while i was at home recovering

2 Likes

Kewl :slight_smile:
(I believe that spelling is cooler than cool :grin::sunglasses:)

I had a couple of petrol lawn mowers that needed repairing / servicing but I couldn’t find repair locally so I gave them to the junk guys who were knocking on doors last summer and I bought a battery operated one that I can use one handed although my affected hand is slowly slowly slowly gaining more capability.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

The rechargeable battery mowers are becoming more popular they just need to make the batteries last longer

2 Likes

Your core temperature is usually 36°C to 39°C. That drops a couple of degrees in the evening/when it goes dark, to help you fall and stay asleep. This is a natural response due to the lack of exposure to light and lets your body know it’s time to rest. Your temperature then starts to rise toward morning, preparing your body for wakefulness.

You’ll notice this body temperature drop more so in winter because the external temperature is colder anyway and the nights are darker for longer. I suppose you could say we go into semi-hibernation mode :smirk:

In the summer months are just too grateful for any temperature drop when we’re in a heatwave, so we don’t really notice it as much :sweat_smile:

Think about it, what’s the first thing people suffering hypothermia want to do, that they shouldn’t . . . sleep!

2 Likes

I never thought of it like that :thinking:

2 Likes

Have you ever noticed that, regardless of how cold you are going to bed, you can wake up sweating? :sweat_smile:

Amazing what a 13.5 tog duvet can do!

2 Likes

@sunnyday
Wondering if I should have bought a 15 tog though… :cold_face: :snowflake:

1 Like

I have a 15 tog in reserve that I bought when we had ‘The Beast From the East’ a few years back! However I will be glad if I never have to use it again!

2 Likes

Yes I very much feel the cold and always wear thermal vests or several parts of clothing gloves and neck warmer sometimes in bed :joy:

1 Like

same here i’s on bisoprolol too. In the colder months my hands are like ice. hand warmers help a lot as well as gloves

2 Likes

I do where thermal’s when I am outside and about. I have just bought a heated vest. I am not to bad when it is dry and frosty. But when it is damp like it is at moment is when I feel the cold the most

2 Likes

Hi, yes I do notice the cold more post stroke and also taking Bisoprolol which combined with Clopidogrel really turns the body temperature down. As you comment I also go to bed feeling the cold but wake up in the early hours wringing with sweat. Roll on the spring. Jerry.

3 Likes

Hi Jerry
I think you said you were going to speak to your GP at the beginning November about whether you could change meds ?

I guess if you’re on the Clopi still the conclusion was you were best off with what you had?

I’ve been on bit since the start but I gave up the bisoprolo because it took my heart right down to about 44 and I was getting a postural change effects

Right gotta go time for the Thursday zoom :slight_smile:
Have fun Have a good Christmas

2 Likes

Hi Simon, I have no problems with Bisoprolol and my Consultant said it would be detrimental to stop the Clopidogrel as the pro’s far outweigh the cons. I will have to make sure I don’t fall off any ladders in the new year. Anyway have a great festive season and don’t forget next year will be better. Christmas wishes Jerry.

3 Likes

Hi there, yes I do , my feet in particular. I’ve taken to wearing bed socks like a granny!!! Regards suzywong

2 Likes

Me too i am seven and a half years post stroke. I am feeling the cold more this winter i think it’s because it is so damp

1 Like