Ezetimibe 10mg

Good morning fellow strokers. I’m struggling with statins since my stroke. So much so my GP suggested I stopped taking them for eight weeks and see what we’re left with. It’s the join pain :pensive:.
I went to see my stroke consultant las Monday and she wanted me on something so suggested Ezetimibe 10mg. I’ve been on them a week and have started with pain in my neck and shoulders.
Has anyone else tried these and if so thoughts please

2 Likes

Hi @Pisceslady2023
Your traveling the well-worn path!
I suggest you get a lot more info by searching the backlog of posts using magnifying glass icon above

I know cuz I searched recently for ezetimibe, and for statins today that there are a lot of posts

Simon

@Pisceslady2023 i was on this too, but found i got very tired and fatigued. i stopped them for a couple of weeks until my gp said i should take it. so i did and low and behold same symptoms again. i stopped it again i am seeing my consultant in October so will discuss then, as it’s made no difference to my cholesterol

2 Likes

Thanks chris67 for your input.
I’d rather not be on statins at all. None have suited me so far
My cholesterol is 4.2 so not exactly high but my stroke consultant said regardless of what it is she wants it lower.
I’m having similar issues as you’re having. I’m wondering if to take them alternate days but if they haven’t made a difference with your cholesterol maybe I’ll be the same.
Not sure what the answer is

1 Like

My gp suggested breaking the pill in half and having it twice a day, this made it worse. Spent a whole day in bed. My consultant wants my levels to around 1.4 but it sticks at 2.2 even after taking ezetimibe for a couple of months, I’m also on Atorvastin 30 mg once a day

1 Like

Morning, when you’re on atorvastatin too it must be difficult to know which tablet is doing what. I’m just on Ezetimibe and struggling.
I hope you have some luck sorting it out and thanks for getting back to me.

1 Like

I was on both, Atorvastatin is the usual one we are put on Ezetimibe is meant to be a slow release tablet, it made no difference to my levels and I tried it for roughly 5 months.

1 Like

I was out on atorvastatin from the start then Pravastatin but not good on either hence the Ezetimibe

1 Like