Eureka ! On a roll

Good day wonderful peeps,

I must be on a roll, or call me crazy. Yesterday evening my proprioception completed. That is my awareness of my body (affected side), its position in 3d space, feeling my ribs, and internals all turned a corner. It started a month ago when I started feeling the weight of various body parts. I did many tests to confirm this. I can’t say what a test of endurance and stamina it has been to live for 17 months without this ability. I had no clue about the weight bearing structure of my skeleton, my shifting centre-of-gravity, correct muscle usage and synergy. Now I can feel inside and outside my body (through my fascia) and yes, we have 6 senses, not 5 !!!

Imgur

To top it all, I discovered, once I got to bed that we have a vestigial 3rd eyelid. That’s because, depending on genetics, some non-Asian people already have a second eyelid. I discovered this because I opened this 2nd eyelid, and the pain of bristles against my eye vanished, and I felt no more pain. I’d heard of old injuries causing pain, again, but this was like the body doing a complete overhaul. My eye was well watered from tears, and I said to myself let’s look this up in the morning.

How many times do we fail because we were turned back at the last minute? I was told we had 1 eyelid, and from then on kept quiet about my feelings, thinking I would be ridiculed. This is what a stroke does. Vestigial (I had to look up that word) indeed !!!

A breakthrough & have a great weekend to all!!
Roland

7 Likes

:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face: I think despite all you’ve recovered, I think the eye is the one I celebrate for you the most. Simply because I can relate to that from experience with having things in them. To have that feeling constantly would drive me made.

And now you know why you should never give up hope and never stop trying. You have come so far since your first posts. So glad you never gave up :clap::clap::clap::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

3 Likes

Thanks Lorraine,

It’s not the end of the eyelid problem, because in the morning it was back, but it’s only taking me around 15 minutes to get it up and running in the morning. At night, it’s been a bit worse, and the foreign object sensation goes on all through the night… except for the incident last night, but I think that’s a sign of things to come,

eyelid and locked glute remain,
but their days are numbered

ciao, Roland

5 Likes

@pando that sounds like great progress indeed & whilst some of it returned in the morning it is surely a sign that you’re progressing positively & you’ll soon the good times lasting longer.

:partying_face::partying_face:

3 Likes

Thats similar to the way it went for me with my foot drop for months before that last break through I had. Hopefully yours will continue to improve too :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I believe you will see more of that good stuff very soon. First, because you are determined to. Secondly, because you have glimpsed it. Thirdly, because you believe. And as far as I can tell, you always have. I think that is something you and I have in common. By all accounts, we should not be able to do half the things we do, yet it comes along. You truly are amazing!

3 Likes