Enabling stroke survivors to benefit from playing music-based video games in their daily activities: Development of a rehabilitation package (SCOTLAND ONLY)

Research participation requests are sent to the Stroke Association from external research institutions (e.g. universities and hospitals).
We conduct checks on these before promoting but are not involved in their running. This means we cannot comment on trials and have no affiliation with them.

Chukwudi Ogbueche, Glasgow Caledonian University

Are you a stroke survivor with arm weakness or a stroke survivor carer living in Scotland? We would like your input on improving arm rehabilitation using a music-based video gaming technology.

About the study

Music-based video gaming used to support rehabilitation of the arm improves movement but does not improve performance in everyday tasks.

We would like to work together with you to develop a rehabilitation package to help stroke survivors transfer improvements in arm movements from playing a music­based video game into everyday tasks.

What will I need to do?

We would like you to take part in a series of workshops (4 to 5), each workshop should take approximately 60 minutes.

Where can I do it?

The workshop venue will be online. For further information and to register your interest, please contact Chukwudi via email at chukwudi.ogbueche@gcu.ac.uk or via twitter @ifediorachuddy or via phone @01413318456

Who can I contact for more infomation
Chukwudi Ogbueche, PhD Researcher (Chukwudi.Ogbueche@gcu.ac.uk)
Dr Katie Thomson (Katie.Thomson@gcu.ac.uk)
Prof. Frederike Van Wijck (Frederike.vanWijck@gcu.ac.uk)
Dr. Don Knox (D.knox@gcu.ac.uk)