Ems massager

Has anybody been given ems massager for Christmas. I have and it doesn’t work on my right leg which is the one affected by the stroke.
I wondering if it’s because of that. Please get back to me if you will, thanks
lynzy60

1 Like

Does a Tens machine not work on that leg either ?

1 Like

I take it it’s working alright anywhere else on your body?
Have you tried putting the electrode in the same position on your good leg for comparison?

I think TENS and EMS are more or less the same, just different patterns of frequency/intensity perhaps. My own is a combined unit.

No it does not, but works on my other leg. It’s been 9 1/2 years since my stroke. I’ve even tried to send the company a email, but that was blocked…! Looks like £49.00 paid by family member has gone down the loo. What’s more insulting £10 on amazon…!
Iynzy60

1 Like

Where did you get yours from?

1 Like

Which one have you got & have You tried looking on YouTube for guidance for use ?

I bought the sabeo one which is very expensive compared to Chinese ebayers but came with consultations from their clinical support - via zoom - and I figured that was cheaper than a cheap machine and a private physio

Ciao
Simon

1 Like

I just got mine off Amazon, its an Auvon TENS/EMS AS8016 £40. Didn’t want to spend an arm and a leg on a device I couldn’t be sure would be of help to me. It’s rare I’ve had to send anything back through Amazon but when I’ve had to, it’s been very straightforward and automatic, so no hassles at all, they even collect the returns.

But, if the device works on your other leg or other parts of your body, then could it be your stroke leg that’s the issue. Can you feel anything at all on your stroke leg with the EMS on its highest setting? And have you tried it on various parts of the that leg, again on the highest setting.
Or it could also be that the settings don’t go high enough.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies. When i recoer from what I thought was just bad case of flu turned out to be COVID!! I will try again with it. Happy New Year to all.

2 Likes

My whole family and I had covid just before Christmas, someone else on here too. It certainly wipes you out. :frowning_face: Happy New Year to you too :smile:

1 Like