Electric shower

Electric shower broke coming out cold will need to use bath that going to be fun

3 Likes

I prefer a bath, so that was the first thing I worked on relearning when I came home. Took awhile of crawling in and out on hands and knees before being strong enough to lift myself with my arms and knees. We have bath chairs and shower chairs, but I didn’t use mine for long. What is an electric shower? Sounds a bit like standing under a tree during a lightning storm to shower.

3 Likes

One where the water is heated on demand by an electric element - in contrast to one just plumbed into the household centralised hot water system

@Mickyboy - I’m told immersion in cold water is very good for one! Apparently there’s all sorts of health benefits brrrr

Ciao
Simon

2 Likes

I dont have a shower in my home, I only have a bath. It is safer for me to sit in the bath then I cannot wobble over due to my poor balance issues.

4 Likes

Hope it’s fixed soon for you. Cold shower. Brrrr :cold_face::cold_face:

2 Likes

I love a hot bath, but is always quite a job to get up and out of it. I have handrails installed but I have to use my good arm to pull out and with all my strength in one fell swoop. Scary. It is very good for spasticity…and stress.

4 Likes

Yes, that is how I manage to do it and I can use both arms. Sometimes it is a case of mustering that extra burst of strength from somewhere. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I did it so glad hand rails were there or I’d be stuck be glad when shower fixed, plus change bedsheets that’s it for another week thank god

4 Likes

Well done @Mickyboy hope that shower is fixed soon

2 Likes

I fell today, into the bathtub. Nothing hurt, but there was a BIG splash, and water on the floor to clean up afterward.

Hot bath is really the only way my left side gets relief. After that, crawling (literally) into bed, I can keep my left side warm with a heated blanket. That feels sooo good I often stay there too long, knowing once it gets that burning cold and stiff feeling again, from being up using it, or sitting around not using it, It will take a long time to get relief again.

Probably a waste of money, but I think I am going to try some of the cheap Chinese made mugwort warmers at least for my leg, and a little more expensive, battery operated warming socks.

Best wishes to you. Anything you find that helps, I am willing to try.

3 Likes

Oh hope you are none the worse for your fall @DeAnn :hugs::hugs:

2 Likes

Eek

Soft landing then?

I hope you left the clearing up till after you had a long relaxing soak

:slight_smile:

1 Like

No issues from falling… Cleaner bathroom floor now. I suppose that is one way to get me motivated to mop!

1 Like

Managed a bath today exhausted but cleaner and hopefully new shower fixed tomorrow as needs replacing glad took out insurance

4 Likes

Well done @Mickyboy
Really hope your shower is fixed today.

1 Like

Complete new shower installed today insurance does work when needed Natalie did fantastic job can’t wait for shower tomorrow

4 Likes

Enjoy your shower. The first one after not being able to use the shower for a while is always the best

2 Likes

Lovely having shower back next step getting hair cut have to book as have mine done at home, miss going out to get hair cut as been going to same barbers for 40 years

4 Likes

Wow!!

Good to have some continuity in life :slight_smile:

I bet you enjoyed it standing under the hot water :slight_smile: did you need a rest when you had dried off?

My daily shower has been a cornerstone of my upper limb rehab routine if I could just keep the fingers straight I could wash my face right handed I can do my hair right handed now but my fingers curl too much to do my face yet but it’s coming

How are you coming on?

Ciao
Simon

2 Likes

Yes it felt good standing under shower, can open right hand but does close up next big job next week change bed do it in 2 halves as get breathless due to copd wish weather would warm up cold and damp, daughter has had decorators in doing grandson room luckily paint doesn’t smell like it used to in our days, keep trying to use your right hand mick

3 Likes