Dentist

I had a TIA almost 4 weeks ago. Just realised i have a dental appointment coming up this week which is for a filling and a clean. Is it wise to go considering what has happened? im taking clopidogrel

2 Likes

Your dentist will be up to speed on this and will give you proper professional advice.

Go to the appointment, explain your condition and tell him/her what medication you have been prescribed.

Dentists are not the best experience, but I want to tell you to have a nice day.

I’ll just add that any time there is something you would like to share or any question you have, we will try to help you out with a sympathetic ear.

So do come back any time.

4 Likes

Thank you Bobbi. Much appreciated

2 Likes

Hi@trevor46 yes just tell them what’s happened and all your medication. Each time I go they ask for an update and it’s fine they really look after me,hope it all goes well.

3 Likes

@Trevor46 Welcome Trevor. Yes, let your dentist know what is going on. They are well versed in medicine. Best of luck.
Derek

3 Likes

Hi @Trevor46
Welcome to the best club in town with no waiting list !

Now you’re here you will discover there’s a lot of folk who are willing to be supportive here and answer questions, share triumph and disaster, or marmalade recipes :slight_smile:

our clopiderel (on it too - 75 mg a day) is an antiplatelet rather than a blood thinner per se. My dentist has always checked my medication but has never felt the need to adjust treatment because of it - and I’ve had some rather more invasive work than just a inspect and polish! :frowning: :tooth: :toothbrush:

On a broader note…

The stuff we found we were always saying to new folk has been partly gathered together in a

But if you just read lots of posts you’ll get the flavour of the community on this forum :slight_smile:

Ciao
Simon

3 Likes

Hello Trevor and welcome to our forum. As everybody has said, your dentist will ask about your medical history and medication before every appointment. At my dentist you actually go online and complete a form before each appointment. The dentist is the best person to advise you. I hope your appointment goes well.
Feel free to join our chats on here and ask if you have any questions or need some advice, there’s always someone here who can help.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards Sue

4 Likes

Thank you :blush: I was going to say glad to be here, but :laughing: you know what i mean. Thanks for great advice. Yeah ill be active on here, and sooner or later i will tell my story

4 Likes

My dentist was great and understood the issues.
I also had a hygienist appointment and she just went a little more gently as I’m on clopiogrel too

Best of luck
Gavin

4 Likes

Glad to hear it went well .

With all of the talk about clopidogrel we lost site of warning you that stress and worry could be elevated / have new impacts!

Perhaps it was a good thing because it doesn’t sound like you suffered on that front :slight_smile:

Have a great evening
Ciao
Simon

2 Likes

@Trevor46 just popping by to say hi & welcome to the forum.

Everyone else has answered your question so i’ll just add that I hope the appointment goes well.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Ann

4 Likes

I haven’t been since 2018

3 Likes

I always carry my alert card saying that I take an anti-coagulant medication. I always show it to Dentist/Medical professionals before any treatment. I think they have noted it on my dental records. They have access to professional advice if they need it. They also have a record of any other medication I take.
I have never had any problems with filling and cleaning. Always best to have the discussion about medications with them first.

3 Likes

Totally
Keep up my with your dentist
Theyll be ok as long as you tell them what you are " on" they’ll ask anyway and as others say will be up to speed on all that and advise accordingly.
Youll probably find it fatiguing but definitely keep it up
Its just a normal part of life. You can still look after yourself in the ways you used to. Im 8 years on and keep up my 6 monthly check ups. I need a lot of help getting there and back but never regret it

2 Likes

Hi Trevor welcome to our unique club! Not that I wished for you to have to. I went recently to my dentist and just updated them. It was fine . I had a check up and a scale and polish and all went well . Regards suztwong

2 Likes

Thanks all… I went to my dentist appointment, she was very good, explained a few things, noted my medication and carried on with her drill regardless :cry: lol. Ha ha seriously all good, thanks everyone

2 Likes