Delivered my first cup of tea in 2 years

my stroke was mini realy and was only in hospital 2 days. thanks

1 Like

You are an inspiration for us all the list of activities and independence is proof we can all get through the long haul and achieve a life after stroke, if you are ever lonely send me a message and I will bend your ear, great recovery so much life ahead of you

1 Like

Afternoon Tea boy. My first and second attempt were disasters and no physical problems just visual, week out of hospital still confused got up made tea for my wife/carer put cover on to avoid spillage as bit wobbly , got back turned on light 2:30am, forgiven ,second time disaster but 50/50 as I bent down wife suddenly lifted head :scream: hot tea on head and bed cloths ouch !
Over two years on now no more mistakes in that department :hugs:. My favourite white mouse I couldnā€™t be without to avoid spillage. Cheers

5 Likes

@Pds love the mouse :grin::grin: and iā€™m sure your wife loved her cuppa at 2:30 am :blush:

2 Likes

Iā€™m such a tea jenny I would have welcomed it, drank it, and then gone back to sleep :laughing:

2 Likes

thanks everyone :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:
335144700_229874179421616_4027391297183303084_n (1) sons dog

4 Likes

that was in january with chest infection

2 Likes

I was at an in person SA event yesterday and several folk had amazing hand use from precisely that
Continuous pushing the boundary

Mines coming along
And
It was so good as affirmation to see and hear the progress that comparable folk have had because of there efforts

The need ā€˜profsā€™ need to better understand and executed their role in being a source of inspiration :frowning:

2 Likes

Thanks Simon can you please elaborate, I would love to kick start my left arm with any proven exercises

2 Likes

@mrfrederickson Have you tried any of the exercises from these videos. Theyā€™re not dissimilar to the ones I did back in the beginning. I think the hardest part back then was the motivation, until I learnt to utilise my home in order to get something productive out of it at the same time :laughing:

https://www.youtube.com/@PostStrokeOrg/featured

2 Likes

Thanks will give them a go after work finish se tomorrow, sleep well

2 Likes

Sure :slight_smile:

Itā€™s a long journey. Many stages.
When i started none of my finger moved but with effort I could see the skin by my thumb tremble slightly and my arm hung by my side and any movement caused terrible pain in my shoulder

What are your starting from?

1 Like

Hello and well done @mrfrederickson Mr. Frederickson.
You and you lady will no doubt anjoy many more cups of tea and cookies.
Keep it going.
Best wishes, ManjiB.

1 Like

Thanks for the links will check them out later,

Ju peddled 3 kilometres on my exercise bike.

1 Like

Hey thatā€™s good distance, well done, keep it up :smile: I didnā€™t have an exercise bike but I do have a pedal exerciser I used to use whilst sitting in an upright chair. Useful for anyone who canā€™t afford the bike or havenā€™t enough room for an exercise bike.

I use an exercise peddler too. It was cgeaper than exercise bike :grin::grin: i use it whilst sat at my desk although I find if im pedaling I canā€™t do anything else & if iā€™m doing something else the pedaling stops. Itā€™s a useful way to keep my legs working though.

1 Like

The bike has been invaluable to getting movement in my leg, the arm and hand is still stubbornly silent
I can move the fingers to grip my good wrist but the arm hangs by my side these past 2 years

1 Like

Oh yes, thereā€™s that too. Canā€™t multitask in general the same as I used to. Even star jumps at the gym, they can one or the other, or Iā€™d wind up in knots and in a heap on the floor :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

My wife insisted it was fold away so easily stored, once sat on it I watch television or a dvd and peddle away I find motor racing the best itā€™s quite a procession

1 Like

ā€¦and speeds up your peddling I bet :sweat_smile: