Daughter's Wedding

Hello

Just to let everyone know, particularly those who I have chatted to on the Thursday Zoom sessions that my daughter’s wedding on Saturday was perfect. It was a long day (Im still shattered) and emotional - but couldn’t have been better. Even the weather was perfect. Ive attached a couple of photos.

Nigel

13 Likes

@Pinch
Congratulations. You have a beautiful daughter. I hope she and her husband have long and happy lives.
Here’s raising a glass to you and your family, you must be very proud.

Keep on keepin’ on
:champagne: :partying_face: :+1:

3 Likes

Congratulations nigel. I am glad the day went well. Plenty of time to rest and recuperate!

3 Likes

@Pinch hi Nigel, your daughter looks beautiful. So glad the day went well.

Congrats to the happy couple & may they have a long & happy life together.

Beat wishes.

Ann x

3 Likes

Congratulations
, your daughter looks beautiful. Glad everything went well and I would like to wish them both every happiness in their new life together :heart:

Regards Sue

3 Likes

@Pinch Hi Nigel, lovely photos, I’m so pleased everything went well including the weather. Great stuff.

Hope to speak to you again soon.
Mark.

2 Likes

Hi
glad the day passed off without undue drama. Undoubtedly leaving you all with lots of happy memories.
Was the waiting suit on a hanger required by the son?

If you’ve recovered by Thursday see you then :slight_smile:
this week Louise is running the morning session.
Link in the Thursday cafe thread/topic

Ciao

2 Likes

Hi Simon

Yes, lots of happy memories :blush:

My sons suit was fine in the end!

Cheers

Nigel

3 Likes

I am so happy the day went beautifully for your gorgeous daughter and for you. I haven’t had opportunity to hear about the plans beforehand but know for me, any crowded, or noisy, or busy place causes angst, as well as worrying about whether I can stand up long enough or call undue attention to myself with my tremoring or that people will think I am drunk when I list left or stutter my words… Anyway, I am pleased as punch that all went well for all of you and pray for your speedy recovery from all the activity and emotion involved. Rest well.

3 Likes

Thank you for all the lovely comments. I did need a break for an hour between the afternoon and evening celebrations to get some peace and quiet, but I planned for that.

I still haven’t recovered yet, still tired but managing to go for some walks (between rain showers!), but every so often a wave of fatigue comes over me - just to remind me that I’m not the same as I was (as if I need reminding).

I’ll hopefully be on the Thursday zoom session tomorrow.

Nigel

3 Likes

On yesterday’s Zoom cafe, we discussed setting goals during our journeys as stroke survivors. When I was in hospital following my second (!or maybe 3rd) stroke in February and was struggling to walk, the Occupational and Physio Therapists asked me what my goal was. My first thought and reply was that I wanted to be able to walk my daughter down the aisle at the end of July. At that time it seemed like I had a mountain to climb to achieve that, but I’m proud to say I did. My recovery has gone well, and now my biggest challenges are the fatigue, the anxiety (from time to time) and the fuzzy head. Thanks for all the support on here and on the zoom calls, I really value the support from everyone.

Nigel

4 Likes

I bet it was a really emotional but proud moment for you & your daughter. Another goal needed now.

2 Likes

Absolutely beautiful…your daughter, your efforts for her, and meeting, exceeding your goal, looking very handsome as well. Congratulations to you both!

2 Likes

How beautiful a daughter you have Nigel you must be very
proud relax and recuperate now !

3 Likes

:tada: Congratulations! :tada:

1 Like