Cuddles

Since being one armed post strok I have struggled with my disability in only having use of my right arm but grateful to have that.

Today I gave my wife a cuddle with my good arm and she helped my on functional left arm to wrap around her wastethen the arm did partially work so my first hug properly in 3 years. Well happy

25 Likes

That is simply beautiful. Practice that as much as possible. It is very heart healthy as well!!!

5 Likes

@mrfrederickson and Mrs

for you both

:heart:

keep on keepin’ on
:bow_and_arrow: :grinning: :+1:

4 Likes

Awwww that’s so lovely @mrfrederickson you’ll have to make up for lost time now and have loads more cuddles xx

3 Likes

Will do Mrs5k, I owe her so many cuddles since the stroke I will need to build my strength up, we are both happy and it’s good left arm rehab.

4 Likes

Aww that’s lovely for both of you! @mrfrederickson

1 Like

Brilliant, that’s so lovely. I know exactly where you are coming from on this one. I also have one useful arm since my stroke in 2017 and it’s so frustrating not being able to cuddle my grand children and my husband and I miss that so much. Will give that a try.

:heart: keep up the good work and keep on cuddling :heart:

Regards Sue

3 Likes

Glad to inspire Sue there are never enough cuddles in the world a multitude of problems can be solved with a good cuddle.
Kids love them and so do partner’s it’s a good form of reassurance, I will keep on doing my best and planning for my big recovery party when my left side finally gets back in the game.

5 Likes

There’s a good motivating goal to be framed here :slight_smile:

Lea & I have managed to get to about a 95% pre stroke cuddle efficiency. Efficiency is not good word - snuggliness

It’s really only my hand at least to improve a bit now

2 Likes

Then you need to up your cuddling time with Lea :laughing:
Remember, you need to do lots and lots of repetitions for the action to solidify in your brain :wink: :grin:

2 Likes

@mrfrederickson Keep on cuddling, the more you do the easier it gets :smile:
And I’m loving this post you created and everyone’s responses.
Such a wholesome post :blush:

3 Likes

No worries on that count I take every opportunity to give her a cuddle when I can.

4 Likes

:wink: :polar_bear:

3 Likes

I know how you feel as i have limited down my left side & i had my stroke in 2014 (9 yrs ago) I still keep trying & can get to move my arm up to my waist but wouldn’t trust it holding/picking up certain items. Saying that as my hobby is knitting i found a way to knit making my left arm hold my needle, sewing up is sometimes a problem but i am lucky if stuck my husband helps me out. Have become quit good operationg the keyboard of the computer.

1 Like

Brenda as they say where there’s a will there is a way so glad you have adapted.

Funny that is the only thing I’ve been doing these past three years actual recovery has been so insignificant as to go unnoticed.

@mrfrederickson that’s fantastic

2 Likes

My wife keeps telling me but I cannot see it.

1 Like