Brain Training Apps

Hi, I thought since the weather is absolutely rubbish I’d start a Brain Training App had a quick look in the AppStore there’s plenty of choice, anyone got any recommendations?

3 Likes

@Sharon_B I have tried mindpal in the last couple of days that was recommended by @profJohn

I also use wordle & quordle which I enjoy.

3 Likes

I do wordle and play scrabble online too. Started mindpal today. . Looks fun

2 Likes

Neuronation is good. Quite tricky. So a good brain workout.

I’m active on words with friends. It’s like Scrabble with other little word games.

3 Likes

Thanks I will have a look at them, keep me busy during winter.

1 Like

Sudoku and Chinese checkers are my two goto ones.
I use them as hand therapy to as I’ve not got the hand control I want. Trying to use the phone is a useful challenge (with a lot of frustration from how sensitive a tough screen is to all the wrong movements!

1 Like

@Sharon_B i do a lot of online chess playing

4 Likes

If i was any good id live to play online chess

1 Like

Fingers crossed for you Anne

Let me know which onoine chess you are playing, might challenge you sonetime!!!

No worries…
Enjoy the weekend
Andy
Xx

I use the phone app from chess.com
User 51monharr15

2 Likes

Cheers simon…

How good are you? Honest answer only…

The app gives a rating. I’m not at the bottom but not far up the scale
If you pingme let me know yr from here cos I don’t accept all games. A minimum of 1 move a day works best normally

1 Like

On chess.com my username is McCrocket. Used to be decent returning to play just recently. Still make silly mistakes so would rate myself back at reasonable beginner. I like speedy games.

On words with friends my username is Paulo McC.

Very Happy for any challenges.

1 Like

I already had a profile on there !!!
Andyjonestrfc if you fancy a game sometime

1 Like

Hi Sharon it’s not really a brain training app but I play words with friends 2 it’s scrabble so if you fancy it look us up and give us a game I’m under the heading Martin and you see me in a red T shirt

1 Like

My wife and I don’t have the brain training apps, but we do have Nintendo Switch which we bought during lockdown so that we could connect to internet and play games with our grandkids.
I’ve got to be honest, it’s the best thing we’ve ever bought!
We were on it last night, its connected to tv screen so you can see everything and we were playing tennis, bowling, football.
We do boxing, golf, racing- in fact everything and anything!
It’s great fun, keeps the mind active as you have to work the controllers - we wouldn’t be without it!
Take care, John

3 Likes

That’s fun John, @Bert I used to enjoy the tennis and bowling on the wii when my Sons were young, think it might’ve even helped my balance skills sometimes I still catch my balance like I’m surfing on the wii haha

1 Like

Hi, Thanks Martin I’ll try and pop in one day, been a long time since I played scrabble, used to enjoy it though