Balance

Just saw this which in less than 30 seconds opened up a new avenue for balance exercises that I hadn’t considered before so I thought it was worth sharing

Never had a PT etc who suggested anything like this and it sort of makes sense and you can do it anytime we are stood for a few minutes.

Probably wise to have something to hang on to while you do it, at least initially.

Ciao
Simon

4 Likes

Thank you Simon, the foot roll inwards is the one that unlocked the foot drop for me.

There’s also a young lad on TikTok who also recommends this. If I ever come across him again, I’ll post it here.

2 Likes

Yikes you use TikTok?

1 Like

Yes, why not?
I get my funnies out of it and I also get some useful strength training tips out of it. Get a lot of other tips too :smile:
My daughter got me into it when I broke my ankle and had nothing better to do :smile:

1 Like

Well I only gave it half an hours tolerance. I downloaded it looked at it and decided it was predominantly a) platform collecting people to sell to advertisers etc and b) clickbait

So you’re telling me that you’ve actually find quality content as well?

If that is the case I might revisit it.

1 Like

I did just the same as you when I first tried it. Got a load of crap of youths do stupid dances among other things :woozy_face:

You can do searches for things of interest to you.
The more you watch and click the like button of those topics the more you will see of those and similar. You can also Follow specific people of interest to you. So yes, it’s worth giving it another go, and explore a little more thoroughly :wink:

Edit: I also watched the Johnny Depp trial with Sky Live Stream on TikTok.

1 Like

How’s the new improvement? Holding up, and stood the test of time ?
ciao, Roland

2 Likes

Well I’m into my 4th week now and its still holding up.
Mind you, I’m still coming down too hard on the heel.
There are times when I’m tired I get this hint of it, like a ghostly reminder of it loitering somewhere in the background. That can throw me out of step but the foot doesn’t actually drop. And I’m still keeping up with that ankle rolling exercise, particularly when that ghost appears :laughing:

2 Likes

Today, I’m also starting a 13 week fall prevention exercise programme at another local gym with Age UK. It will interesting to see what I learn that I can pass on here.

3 Likes

Don’t forget this Falls Prevention resource either - It’s about reducing the exposure to circumstances that can cause a trip or slip…

its from different strokes Who have a good YouTube channel

https://youtube.com/@DifferentStrokesUK

Ciao
Simon

1 Like

Thanks Simon, do you know if its available elsewhere as i don’t use instagram? I’ll search tinternet but thought i’d ask you first in case you knew.

1 Like

No not to my knowledge but also I don’t believe you need an Instagram account to view it did you try just clicking on the thumbnail that I posted?

It’s just a URL so should open in a browser

1 Like

I did click on it and it asks me to create an account or log in with facebook etc.

1 Like

Oh :frowning:
That’s a bit of a bugger then isn’t it. I guess it allowed me to open it in the browser because I have an Instagram account

See if I can find the same thing elsewhere

1 Like

I think you can just click outside of that message…if there isn’t an X in the top right corner. And I don’t have an Instagram account.

I take it you don’t have facebook either?

It’s not letting me do that. No X nor anywhere to click. If i do the continue with Facebook option it asks me to create an instagram account with Facebook. I don’t want an instagram account so i’ll leave it but I’m sure i can find equivalent on internet if i google it.

Thank you both for your help though.

2 Likes