Alternative to blood pressure tablets

is there alternatives to bp tablets that dont interactive other meds please

1 Like

@tricia3 Are you concerned about side effects? If so I suggest talking to a pharmacist, a qualified professional in these matters. My experience of doctors and practice nurses in this regard has been non-productive. I also suggest that you need to be persistent.
I hope you get sorted soon.

1 Like

Shwmae, definitely talk to your GP, but I also use the NICE website to double-check interactions or make suggestions to my GP.

1 Like

I’m no doctor, so I’ll just tell you what I am doing. I was found to have atrial fibulation, which caused my stroke 4 years ago. At first when they didn’t know I had afib, they had me on blood pressure medication, as I also had high BP. But when the cardiologist discovered the afib, he put me on dilitiazem for the afib. (It is in the calcium channel blocker family of drugs.) He said that also doubles as a blood pressure medication, so he took me off the one I had been on. So maybe in your case, there is also a medication that treats whatever you need treated and also treats high blood pressure. Also, lowering sodium intake is usually helpful. Ask your doctor about other ideas. :heart:Jeanne

what is atrial fibulation, dont understand, my bp is higher when i get up than in the day got to see doc next week thanks

Atrial fibrillation (AF) | British Heart Foundation

my bp is higher when i get up than it is later, tired today, bp ok later 128 73, as pressure in bed in the morning not got all symtoms for that, sometimes dizy tireness as i did too much yesterday thanks

1 Like

Atrial fibulation is one of the main causes for strokes. It’s when the upper chamber of the heart beats out of rhythm, so, blood can sort of collect there and form a clot, which then moves to the brain, causing a stroke. It is usually treated with medication that controls the heart beat. Often the medication also helps to lower blood pressure. I read the following on the internet, but you should ask your doctor: “When we first wake up, blood pressure rises because of the normal circadian rhythm of the body. This is a twenty-four hour cycle which affects our patterns of sleeping and waking. The body releases hormones in the morning, such as noradrenaline and adrenaline. These are what gives you a boost of energy, and they can also raise your blood pressure. The increase of your blood pressure in the morning can usually be seen between six and noon. If it goes too high, this can create effects that are harmful.” :heart:Jeanne

1 Like

thanks for info, i t was about 630 148 75, after 3rd time