Alcohol and medication

But if you moderate moderation, surely that would not be moderate. :thinking:

1 Like

Precisely so
So not an absolute obsession with moderation and therefore moderation is moderated nā€™est pas?

2 Likes

No one mentioned a decent cider yet ? Not tried thatchers zero yet.

Being in Bristol, I have to get a licence from the lord mayor to drink anything else :grin:

Not really ! Well I hope not.

2 Likes

Guy in the farmers market this morning was selling his own distilled cider - 44% proof and when the cask aged is ready it will be 67!

Think weā€™ve tried AF cider and it was ok

1 Like

WOW. At what point could you run a car on cider :grin:
The smell would be lovely too

2 Likes

Had kambucha (ĀæSpellā€™g?) last night - - made from tea apparently - tasted like it too with a bit of fizz and a mango flavour

Not one to put on my short list but might suit other people

Hi everyone, hope you are all getting ready for Autumn. Wanted to add my two cents about drinking post stroke.

I started drinking when I was 15 years old in my country and noticed the drinking culture here in the UK when I arrived as a student at 13 years old back in 1989.

Iā€™m been drinking for a long time but started reducing my alcohol consumption gradually over the years where I started exercising at the age of 25 years old and more so when I turned 40. After my stroke at the age of 42 I stopped drinking completely as I didnā€™t want the alcohol messing with my head.

Iā€™m in Clopidegral and Escitopram for depression so drinking itā€™s really an option for me. I discovered non alcoholic wine last year and since Iā€™d trained myself not to crave alcohol, Iā€™ll have a glass of wine and 5 days later the wine ends up spoiling as I donā€™t finish the bottle.

Please excuse typos - operating on 6 hours of sleep and itā€™s affecting my grammar and spelling.

3 Likes

Alcohol free wine, isnā€™t wine and doesnā€™t even taste like grape juice boak

Hi Simon. Done my test days. After a ā€˜busy dayā€™ I donā€™t really feel any different the day after,
however after alcohol I feel extra light headedness the next day with increased problems with balance and ringing in my ears. (just 2 or 3 glasses of wine)
Iā€™ve just read up again on alcohol and medication namely Ramipril and it clearly states that alcohol and Ramipril do not mix. It can lower blood pressure too much resulting in the light headiness I mentioned. Might not be applicable to all but Iā€™m sure Iā€™ve narrowed it down for me.
Take care.

2 Likes

@Seeney good that youā€™ve managed to pinpoint the issue for you. At least now you can decide if having the drink is worth the consequences the following day.

No its not. Lol.
Take care.

1 Like

Hi @Seeney

Iā€™m glad that you have been able to apply a little investigation and have some suspicions / hypotheses that help you now to know the ā€˜costsā€™ of choices and thereby have a better post stroke life :slight_smile:

Ciao
Simon
Ps PS I couldnā€™t reply earlier because of by The time of your post I was on a one month ban by admin without explanation or warning

Thanks Simon.
Take care.

1 Like