Access to your medical records and others

Hi all I was reading another thread where this was mentioned and didn’t want to hijack the topic, so thought I’d create a new thread.

I’m in Deal, in the UK, but according to the thread, not all parts of the UK offer this.

I use a site called Patient Access for my meds and there’s a menu on the left for medical records which did nothing. Anyway, I researched it a bit and you have to request it from your GP and provide ID (of course). You also need to ask for your ‘fully coded record’ which is the Full Monty. I wanted the whole lot to see if there were any errors.

After a few days, the option on Patient Access worked, so could see it all. It was all accurate, apart from when I had my appendix out as a young lad. I’m pretty sure it’s about 5 years out. However, I’m 64 now so don’t really care and I can’t see any medical significance in that.

I do like to check records held about me. A few months ago, I found a free credit check service on the Money Saving Expert site. I did this and it was all ok, apart from it said I had a financial relationship with someone in Peterlee reported by Egg who I used to have a credit card with. Never heard of it. Had to google it and it’s up Durham/Harlepool way. A bit of digging through old documents reminded me that Egg mistakenly transferred someone else’s store card to my account. They corrected it and paid me compensation. This triggered a link between myself and whoever it was.
I went on the Experian web site and there’s an option to report errors. I filled this in and a couple of days later, got an email to say the link has been deleted. Probably not earth shattering, but you never know what might have come out of it.

apologies… Banging on… :roll_eyes:

Cheers

Steve

6 Likes

Hi Steve, @fryingtonite I requested access to my records a while back. I get to mine through the NHS App but can also see them on Patient Access. It means i can see my blood results, check my referrals, read hospital letters etc without the need to sit in a long phone queue to get them.

I think they must be releasing access to records to all, maybe in stages, as hubby can now access his & he has never requested it.

As for the credit check I was refused credit many years back due to an error on my credit record. Very important to check it is correct.

2 Likes

It’s handy isn’t it? Apart from taking a peek through for errors and significant dates, You can avoid the ‘receptionist error’ which has happened to us a number of times and as you say, the repeated:

“Your call is very important to us…” :sleeping:

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing this :slight_smile:

access to patient records doesn’t work in Scotland.

Never have checked my credit history but I paid off my mortgage and I don’t buy anything on credit so it probably doesn’t affect me

Regards to taking a thread off topic When you open a reply in the top left hand corner the arrow gives you the option to create a new forked thread and links between them.

Ciao
Simon

2 Likes

Thank you, Simon. I had no idea, even after being here so long. I still don’t know how to use this site. I don’t even know how to start a new thread.

1 Like