A little goodbye

Oof, this is a hard post to write.

I’ll start with the facts. I started here at the Stroke Association, working on My Stroke Guide, in November 2021. And you as a community welcomed me with open arms.

But from the middle of next week, I will be moving to a new role at the Stroke Association and will no longer be involved with the team that manages this forum. :frowning_face: :sob:

@CommunityAdmin will be taking over for me here as your primary contact.

I wanted to say such a massive :heart: thank you :heart: to everyone here. You have made me feel so welcome. I consider myself very lucky to have worked with this incredible community.

I am going to miss you all. xx

24 Likes

The kind and compassionate way in which you treated others is what I will miss most about you! You have always listened, offered words of encouragement, and provided unwavering support when times were tough, and not just for your team but for this community as well.

I will always be grateful for your genuine concern for our well-being and your ability to foster unity within our team. It truly will not be the same without you.

We wish you the very best Ashley! :heart:

Big hugs,
Alex

8 Likes

@AshleyTH good luck in your new role. I think I speak for everyone when i say you will be missed. The forum won’t be the same without you.

@CommunityAdmin i’m sure we’ll look after you or just cause more chaos for you. Not sure which :grin::grin:

6 Likes

@AshleyTH good luck in your new venture.

3 Likes

Good luck
What is the new role?

1 Like

Hi Ashley, congratulations on your new role. A big thank you to you too and to all of the team behind the scenes at the Stroke Association.

We look forward to chatting to Alex as our primary contact in the near future.

Good luck and I wish you well in your new role.

Regards Sue

3 Likes

Good Luck & best wishes

:rose::rose::rose:

6 Likes

Fair well @AshleyTH and welcome @CommunityAdmin
:heart:
I’ve considered getting a bunch of the guys here together, kidnapping and putting Ashley in the lounge, refusing to let her go.
. . . but I suppose that would be unfair.

Thank you for all those times you saved me from the big red button, for being there as I put the ZOG thing together and for making me feel included in so many ways.

All the best in your new placement, Ashley, you will be missed.

Keep on keepin’ on
:writing_hand: :face_holding_back_tears: :+1:

3 Likes

Good luck @AshleyTH and thanks for all the fish. We will miss you. Welcome @CommunityAdmin (even though you’re not new).
:smiley_cat::smile_cat::heart_eyes_cat::cat2:

5 Likes

Great reference there Mark. One of my fave ever books

Goodluck @AshleyTH youll smash your new role no doubts and we will all miss you…big shoes to fill @CommunityAdmin!!! Just saying!!!
Andy

4 Likes

@AshleyTH Congratulations and good luck in your new job, I hope all goes to plan.
It’s not as if you are leaving us completely, is it?
You will still be able to lurk on here, come for a visit and see what this lot are up too, wont you?

Welcome @CommunityAdmin, you will have your work cut out with this lot… :wink: :smiley: :joy:

3 Likes

@HHilary I’m sure I can spare some time to do a bit of lurking…

Lurker GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

3 Likes

@AshleyTH
What will your new role be?

1 Like

I’m moving over to work on the stroke.org.uk website.

3 Likes

Congratulations on your new role. I wish you the very best in your new role. Hugs.

2 Likes

Diolch yn fawr for your participation in the forum and guidance. We have all appreciated it and welcomed the engagement. I wish you all the best in your new role.

1 Like

Thank you so much for all your work @AshleyTH. You have created an amazing thing which - for participants AND lurkers - is such an immense help in our journey. Thank you… And welcome @CommunityAdmin

1 Like

Hi all,

I should probably add that I am only filling in as a temporary moderator until we find Ashley’s replacement. :slightly_smiling_face: Be prepared to welcome someone new soon!
Thanks

3 Likes