Welcome - what we wish we'd heard at the start

@SimonInEdinburgh I very much doubt I will be studying any books about stroke, probably won’t be doing study of any kind at this stage, if ever.

Stroke is a very day to day experience for me. The study and in depth stuff I will leave to those who feel there is something there for them.

I’m sorry to be so trivial and lacking in seriousness, but that is where I find myself.

May your enterprise fair well . . .

Keep on keepin’ on
:writing_hand: :smiley: :+1:

4 Likes

Gosh don’t apologise or characterise as trivial.

I fully appreciate that making a cup of tea can be harder than climbing Everest and should receive a bigger accolade for the individual who is challenged the most.

I observe you frequently go well beyond the cup of tea. More power to your elbow :slight_smile:

I quite understand the “ain’t going to read a book”. I have read one since my traumatic event. I’ve read a few papers which are shorter although probably denser.
I wasn’t saying “would you like to curate a list of books”. Although I wouldn’t have stopped you! :slight_smile: somebody on here may wish to take that on. By sharing the activities out we produce the most.

I hope you have a good day
Ciao
Simon

5 Likes

@SimonInEdinburgh
btw something has happened to the title of this thread. I’d correct it, but don’t have access.

Aah, I see it is now fixed.

Keep on keepin’ on
:writing_hand: :grinning: :+1:

2 Likes

Thnx @Bobbi
Updated
:slight_smile:

1 Like

good luck with it all. we are in a bungalow before had stroke

1 Like

Exactly…very important point!

1 Like

Reading this post was so enlightening. Moral here KEEP GOING don’t give up.

4 Likes

Yes, that point about grieving for your pre-stroke life and self is so important- but it’s so hard, almost unbearable until you come to accept the idea. I have only coped with this as I have wonderful people around me who understand, and are not frightened of talking about it this way. Having a stroke is a huge trauma which affects your whole family and network, and it is like a death, in a way.:unamused:

4 Likes

Thank you for the post. My Mum is 6 days post stroke and still in a high dependency unit. I am determined to educate myself so I can help her in her recovery as much as possible. We lost my Nan to stroke 21 yrs ago but it was a certainly a very different approach then.

3 Likes

Hey Bobbi, I’ve just taken a look at that markdown reference guide and I wonder if you’d know this about the Horizontal rule. Whenever I try to use it I can’t actually see even though I know it’s there. It will show up under highlight or if I change my screen setting to Dark mode…which I don’t like at all :roll_eyes: My son said something hr tags and started to lose me :sweat_smile: Half my trouble is that I don’t have the lingo for tech speak :woozy_face:

1 Like

As the “Welcome to the My Stroke Guide Forum” goes how about an introductory email to new stroke victims and their caregivers with a link to the Forum Archive?

3 Likes

Yes I agree I’ve private messaged you…

@KGB

2 Likes

Just found this! What a brilliant idea so helpful.

3 Likes

And the Thursday cafe will be running today if you wish to come along or anybody else wishes to come along

I probably won’t make it as Lea and I are away in the lakes for our 40th anniversary :slight_smile:

Ciao

2 Likes

My great-grand mother and in fact all of the island where I grew up, used to say “Keep on Keeping on.” Everytime that I read it as your sign off it makes me smile.

Keep om keepin on

5 Likes

@healingmysoul72

You must have grown up in a lovely place.

I’m so glad you are smiling.

“Smile and the whole world smiles with you”

It is quite infectious and in a nice way.

:heart:

1 Like