The Sock Goblin - nonsense from a stroked brain

Where you ever a chef? Or just a keen enthusiast

Time for MasterChef maybe?

1 Like

I’ve been an enthusiastic hobbyist Simon, always interested in food, worked in catering in my early teens as a holiday job each year. Became more involved as an amateur after a couple of heart attacks about 25 years ago. I like my food and its preparation has always interested me.

You must excuse me I have bread to attend to.

1 Like

Sure, I know the bread & baking must be done when it/ the timer dictates Lea bakes bread etc

The smell is always a precursor to the treat and the warm crust off the end with a small knob o’ butter is often the advertised ‘domestic bliss’ sharing treat When it arrives

Enjoy
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

@SimonInEdinburgh
The bread is now on its final rise and will be ready and baked in about a couple of hours.

All this memory ploughing has turned up a couple of antiques from my past. Both well worth a read, they are from my schooldays.

One is ‘The Scholar Gypsy’ by Matthew Arnold and the other ‘Michael’ by Wordsworth. I believe they are to be experienced rather than to be picked through and debated over.

1 Like

Curious why you suggest these literary works to me? Is it because the smell of bread is evocative?

2 Likes

What’s on the menu tomorrow, Bobbi?

3 Likes

Same as today - a rather tasty stew put together by my wife.
An easy time for me, I won’t be grumbling.
I could keep an eye out for sock goblins I suppose.
Not caught one yet though.

:smile: :+1:

6 Likes

All went well until I left it on one side, then it all squidged out over the worktop!
Something to do with gravity, I think.
Back to the drawing board.

2 Likes