1amBetter I was interested to hear you talk about the vice squeezing feeling in your lower leg I feel that too also in my arm, they are also very sore to touch sometimes….I asked the Neuro Physio if it was my muscles contracting, she said there is nothing physical happening it’s all your brain working overtime.. I was kind of relieved to hear this? I had wondered whether I should be doing exercises to stop what ever this is happening, whilst exercises are good to keep you supple it won’t have any effect on these neurological sensations…I am considering having CBT (cognitive Behavioural Therapy ) I copied the following from my Google search…
Here’s how CBT can help with Thalamic Pain Syndrome:
- Changing Pain Perception:
CBT helps patients identify and challenge negative thoughts and beliefs about their pain, which can exacerbate suffering. By reframing these thoughts, individuals can learn to manage pain more effectively.
- Developing Coping Strategies:
CBT equips patients with practical techniques to cope with pain, such as relaxation exercises, mindfulness, and activity pacing.
- Improving Functional Abilities:
By addressing pain-related limitations and promoting a positive mindset, CBT can help individuals improve their participation in daily activities and enhance their overall quality of life.
- Managing Emotional Distress:
Thalamic pain can significantly impact mood and mental well-being.CBT can help patients manage anxiety, depression, and other emotional challenges associated with chronic pain.
I feel it has to be worth a go?