Telling other people about my aphasia

Thanks; just a get to know you a bit session. See you on the link as far as we can promise!
Anne

3 Likes

I can’t find the link for a zoom with you. Please send it - adyerdon@gmail.com

1 Like

https://us04web.zoom.us/j/74265163394?pwd=bwaHpU2fiyuVWAhu3kjcRmY9ayewFH.1

Here you go @AnneC

Have also sent to your email will be from fkbennett

by the way I have right hemianopia too

K :wink: :polar_bear:

1 Like

@AnneC

It was great to see the two of you. I think it went well and I hope it was good for both of you.

Keep on keepin’ on
:writing_hand: :smiley: :+1:

3 Likes

When I was in hospital in March I only knew that I had had a stroke. At that time I was still talking. Then when I went home communication started to disappear. (I live on my own) the nurse would came once a day, Friend’s would pop in, and they would do all the chatting . I have always been a quiet person, but now I’ve realised the last 6 months I have lost most the how ‘to’, whether its speaking or email. I can say 'Hi, the rest fills my gut with anxiety. Even this communication has take about 40min. Talking to myself in my head is ok :smiley:

6 Likes

Are you holding the zoom tonight as well- every Friday? Calling on behalf of Colin as he is willing to come back tonight as he started last week with you. Thanks -Anne

3 Likes

Thanks Bob; he lasted out the full 40 minutes! Politics was something he was involved in 20 odd years ago! I caught whiffs of your conversation!!

3 Likes

Hi @AnneC and Colin,

It was great to see both of you and yes it is the same every Friday. You are both very welcome and thank you for joining in.
Maybe we will meet again next week?
Take care,
Regards from
DeAnne, Paul, Phil and Bob.

2 Likes

If there is anyone else out there wants to give this a try, we could try a one on one meeting as a starter.
If you are interested message me and I’ll try to set something up for you.

2 Likes

Problem being I don’t think many folk will know what the sunflower means …

1 Like

Hi Val,

There probably are people who don’t know what it means but in my experience it is a well known scheme not just in the UK but abroad aswell. It is definitely becoming more well known as time goes on.

If I am going somewhere busy I tend to wear mine. Other times I don’t bother.

Regards

Ann

2 Likes