Storm Babet

Good morning everyone, Just been watching breakfast television and the terrible weather in Scotland.

Just wanted to say, stay safe to our contributors in Scotland, hope you are all keeping well.

Regards and best wishes

Sue

4 Likes

@Susan_Jane I was born in Dumfriess, birthplace of Rabbie Burns. I’ve been back to Scotland on holiday twice. For an artist like me Scotland is such a gorgeous place.
Yes the weather there can be daunting, but I miss Bonnie Scotland. I’ve been in the USA since childhood. I have cousins still in Scotland, and many in New Zealand, another lovely country full of Scots.
I’m a bit over a year since stroke and fighting hard.
I found a place near New York where I can get tattie Scones, Sausage rolls, Bridies,
Meat pies, and slab sausage…heaven.
In my condition I have to stay away from my beloved single malt.
I hope you are doing well on this journey, all the best.
Derek of the Cameron clan.

3 Likes

It is awful out there today. I feel for anyone affected by the flooding etc. We have lots of roads closed here in Shropshire due to flooding and fallen trees but not as bad as Scotland.

Stay safe everyone xx

2 Likes

Oh well…sorry, I’m proud of my Scottish heritage.
All the best.

1 Like

Only problem with the States is you can’t bring haggis into the country. I know people in Canada who smuggle haggis across the border :shushing_face::rofl:

2 Likes

@BakersBunny I can get Haggis in Kearney New Jersey and it is delicious.

2 Likes

Does it come in a tin? :grin:

2 Likes

It’s not been too bad here, but I think it’s been pretty bad on the Aberdeenshire coast

2 Likes

@BakersBunny The Haggis is packaged fresh in different ways. I like it rolled in a pastry.

2 Likes