Sleep

I will have to look him up. Having a decent narrator makes the world of difference. I have some software at work that reads to me ,& the voice on there can be painful :rofl:

2 Likes

I havenā€™t listened to audiobooks for a while but I used to quite like those read by David Rintoul - audible has a couple of hundred! Including the complete Dostoyevsky at 225 hours!!!

1 Like

This tired brain thing is very pertinent, had a visit from my eldest son last Saturday, he had a vast number of questions which tired me out, we then went to a local pub for lunch, followed by a trip to our local food hall ( a posh supermarket ) got very confused in both places my brain just could not cope with all the bustle and movement going on around me, made me feel very foolish, simply was too much for me which i find very scary.
will try harder to take your advice.
wattsy

3 Likes

Have you tried audio books? Not quite the same as turning pages but there are lots out there these days.

2 Likes

Yes itā€™s most probably still way too early in your recovery to cope with over stimulation. You can fight it, as Iā€™m sure weā€™ve all done in the beginning, but thereā€™s always a price :sweat_smile:
But you will learn to pace yourself better as a result, some lessons just have to be learnt the hard way because everyone has their own limits.
You might have been better off just going for a quiet walk after with him after your sonā€™s grilling :laughing:
Also you could try explaining to your son and giving him some kind of warning sign for those times when you are tiring. It got to the point for me where Iā€™d just have to say ā€œbrain shutting downā€ and family would just leave me in peace for a while :blush: This used to also shock me as a couple of my sisterā€™s can talk the hind legs off a donkey. So I always found it quite entertaining to see them shut down so suddenly, quite often just halfway through a sentences :laughing: I suppose that could classed as small advantage to having my stroke :rofl:

1 Like

Hi and thanks for very good advice

My daughter coming on Friday, have already banned a second grilling, happy to answer a few questions and tell her exactly where I am currently, going for a stroll to my local library, which has a very nice cafe , so we can sit and chat quietly should be much better.

Hope you are doing well and having more good days than bad, I love good days, when I can actually notice that progress is being made, assembled a metal bird feeder pole today without
scrambling my brain, would be nice if some birds actually pay it a visit sometime soon and have a feed. My sleep patterns seem to be on an even keel, while appetite and eating have improved.
As usual I appreciate you taking some time to offer advice and tell me about your experiences
Take care
Wattsy

2 Likes

I havenā€™t but iā€™m going to have to give them a go.

2 Likes