Scootering around

Been out round block. Trying to meet people had quick chat with lady doing some weeding trying to find the allotment no luck yet also not feelingvgreat

1 Like

That’s so great Mickyboy that you are out and about, terrorizing the neighborhood in your Batmobile! Keep up the good work! I bet you can “make people’s day” on your travels. :heart:Jeanne

Glad you’re getting around. It will cheer you up and stimulate you

That’s great @Mickyboy great to get out and speak to the neighbours. Hope you feel better soon x

Thanks for reply’s yes been out and to shop have to be careful going around aisle but people do give way to me but do feel self conscious, been a bit down lately as been let down by people not coming to see me, as I get so excited that there coming and make mental note and helps me work out my weekly routine as some weekends I’m left totally alone not easy to get head around after a week of them all being here, my granddaughter always comes down and says good night, all these things never bothered me before just seems to have happened since coming out of hospital, sometimes think nice to be in hospital as there’s always something going on, am I rambling

1 Like

Mickyboy–Of course “all these things” bother you more now. You’ve been through a lot and feel very vulnerable. Having something go wrong with our bodies makes us feel emotionally "bruised’. You will toughen up over time. And don’t forget, there are a lot of people here who care. Talk about feeling “self-conscious”, when I first drove a scooter in a Wallmart, I ran into a display of toothbrushes and knocked everything all over the floor. I had been feeling self-conscious before it happened. But, everybody fell apart in laughter when it happened–even me. So, I actually felt better after. Take care. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :heart:Jeanne

1 Like

@Mickyboy all you are feeling is normal. It can be lonely at times. I spend a lot of my days on my own as hubby has to work & I can’t go far without him. Some days I think it’s fab other days I hate it. I plan my week out so I have things to occupy the time along with allowing for rest. Emotions are so much heightened after a stroke but hopefully they will settle down in time. I know it’s not the same but we are all here for you if you want/need to chat.
@axnr911 I love your toothbrush story. It made me chuckle. It also reminded me of the time I ran my shopping trolley into an easter egg display in Aldi…that was pre-stroke so didn’t even have an excuse :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thanks everyone no I’m not looking for an allotment just would like to visit sorry for my ramblings early it’s my head and anxiety get the best of me

1 Like

Can we not ring watch other

Anxiety gets the best of all of us. It’s a nasty little monster. Fight it off. :imp: :boom: :boom: :boom: :boom: :boom: :boom: :imp: :boom: :boom: :boom: :boom: :boom: :rainbow:

Just need some to talk to

2 Likes

Hi Mickyboy - We’re here to talk. Have you tried playing some of the Forum Games. They’re sort of silly, but fun. Do you have any interests or hobbies- like bird watching, or sports watching, or?:slightly_smiling_face: :heart: Jeanne

1 Like

I know of one gentle man who lives across road I see him goin and do shopping then that’s it so he must live alone how d you approach them without thinking you some kind of nutter

1 Like

I agree with Mahoney-- Can you go scootering around on the other side of the street? It would make it easier to talk to him. I go out every morning for a walk and have found that if you do something repeatedly about the same time like that, eventually you tend to meet the same person or people occasionally. At first, just small talk to make contact. Then longer chats. Eventually ask about them, like how long they’ve lived there, what their interests are. You may find things in common. It takes time. :slightly_smiling_face: :heart:

Jeanne

3 Likes

@Mickyboy I agree with the others start by saying hello, how are you. Then progress from there. You may just find that he appreciates the chat.

Thanks for advice been a bit of a downer couple days as it been so hot felt quite I’ll drank so much water I was going to the toilet every 20 mins, daughter brought me a stronger fan, did go out today and yesterday as it was cloudy hate these up down days

1 Like

Won’t be going far Monday or Tuesday as it’s going to be a scorcher so will be sitting in front of fan and try to stay sane keep safe everyone

1 Like

Think we’ll all be hiding as much as we can in that heat. I have a hospital appointment Tuesday so hope they have aircon :sun_with_face::sun_with_face:

Jeanne, I love that!