Recovery is endless!

I am so glad I found this forum with people with such a positive attitude. I have cried over what has happened to my dear wife, she was living her life carefully with a healthy diet, non smoking, hardly any alcohol and a fair amount of excercise. I didn't realise the daily chores were stressing her out and she was so anxious over some things. I always offered to take some of the workload and she refused because she said she wanted the things done her way. I think this happened due to high blood pressure which we didn't know she had despite testing it every so often (not often enough it seems). Your words have helped Jeanne when I was getting a bit low on how things weren't progressing physically. She has never been a strong person and supporting her own weight in any way is going to be a gigantic challenge but I am going to try to help in whatever way I can. Thank you again for your advice and helpful insights and I wish you the very best of luck for the future.

Thank you John, she isn't a physically strong person so supporting her own weight in any way is going to be a tremendous challenge. I am going to help in any way possible. Currently she can't support herself on the edge of the bed and her neck muscles aren't good at supporting her head so the physios are working on getting those two things fixed before going back to her arm and leg.
It's inspirational hearing about your recovery and I hope we can manage something similar given time. I wish you the very best for the future.