One for the blokes on here

@EmeraldEyes I can chew them as my hand moves almost full function
Nail clippers at the ready​:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Unfortunately yes I am, all my sisters too :roll_eyes: :confounded: I take it you don’t have that problem?

1 Like

Don’t laugh, it’ll come to you yet :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
It’s only that very short fine baby fuzz, almost invisible really. But my son does love stroke my cheeks because they’re so soft, I keep telling him I’m not the damn pet cat :laughing:

1 Like

So youre literally a bear then Bear?

How are things going for you now mate? Improving i hope.

And nowt wrong with bald buddy…we save a fortune on overpriced shampoo and hair products…

Myskull shaver was my fave prezzy off santa :santa: :mx_claus: lol

3 Likes

Im with you there chris 100%.

Ive never had finger nails before…ever!!! Now as my mum used to say - you cud paint them they are that long

5 Likes

Hi @TRFCANDY53
Well I was born as hairy as a bear so I got the nickname from birth lol
I’m good still coming to terms with the new me and my limitations. Next month internally ultrasound of heart so that should be fun.
Hope yr doing ok
Best regards
Bear

2 Likes

Im doing good thanks, pal.
I had a heart monitor implanted in my chest in January - go back every 3 months and so far my heart beat is regular and all good. Its a bit like a pacemaker but smaller and does a different job.
Good luck getting yours sorted, i had the bubble test too which is also fun!!! But still no reason for my atroke, so i just get on with it.
My physio loves rock tape which is a killer for us hirsute chaps to get off!!!. Think he does it on purpose lol

Keep taking it steady @Bear its a marathon not a sprint my friend

Andy

2 Likes

Yes, I noticed this just before reading your post
I definitely have more hair under my leg / thigh on the stroke side

2 Likes

Hi @TRFCANDY53
Hi mate very interested in your post regarding your implant of your heart monitor, as today got a call from the hospital to go and have one fitted in Aug. In July I’m having an internal ultrasound of my heart. All I know is that my left chamber has a thickening of its wall. All a bit scary really. I’m guessing they might be thinking the stroke was caused by my heart but don’t know.
What’s the bubble test??
I want to do so much as it’s my cognitive, memory and processing that was damaged but still all confused about it.
Thanks Andy and speedy recovery
Bear :bear:

2 Likes

Hi @Bear, sorry dont recall your actual name buddy!!!
Its all part of the investigation of the cause of your stroke so try and see it as a positive thing and not be too scared.
The bubble test is a dye they pass through your heart to see if tou have a hole in your heart. Takes 5 minutes and very straightforwatd to have done .

Goodluck shaving your chest for your heart monitor,mine is in my left moob just above the nipple. Was in hozzy for an afternoon - it goes in with a syringe type thing and is about 2 inches long.

I think shaving was the worst part buddy

Andy

Ps - if you want to talk more then just send me a message

3 Likes

Thanks Andy for all your help and advice really appreciated
Best regards
Bear (Dave)

2 Likes

Youre welcome Dave - anytime. Only a message or a phone call away pal.

2 Likes

Hi Andy,
Hope you are keeping well?
So today another twist in life, was in hospital for internal ultrasound and they also did the bubble test. They have found that I have a hole in my heart and are going to send me to Bart’s in London to have it fixed.
Just want to say thanks for all the help and support you gave me.
Best regards
Dave

2 Likes

Best Wishes, Dave. I hope all will go very easily on you and work just fine. Please keep in touch.

1 Like

Hi @DeAnn
Will definitely be giving you all updates, and thanks for your kind words. Hope you are keeping well.
My 6 weeks of the rehab with the team finishes next week, so no one will come and see me on a weekly basis.
Still have loads of questions that I guess everyone one on here has, like how did the salad cream get in the dish washer and have a 60’C wash???
The info and people on here are great, thanks all.
Best wishes
Bear

2 Likes

Hi @Loshy
Thanks for your reply. It gives me the answer I guess on how it got to my brain bust still unsure of why it happened or where it started but guess that might be one of life’s mysteries, a bit like how did that salad cream get in the dishwasher lol
Or if it will happen again.??
Thanks Loraine, keep safe
Best wishes
Dave

2 Likes

@Bear
Great that rhey found a cause. I think it’s called a PFO isn’t it and it’s about 25% of the population that this hole in the heart doesn’t close after birth.

It allows blood that would have gone through the lungs and been filtered to bypass that and go straight to the body where it then causes a stroke to the brain and or other organs.

I gather the op is very straightforward.
I guess yours must be significant because I’ve also heard they don’t bother closing them in a lot of people they just rely on meids.

Anyway glad you’ve got a explanation
:slight_smile:

Ciao

1 Like

@Bear hope your op goes well. Once fixed it will be one less thing for you to worry about.

As for the salad cream…well i am with @Loshy i too found my kettle in the fridge :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Cheers Dave,
Its good theyve found that and will fix it for you…it’ll help you in the future im sure.

It could explain or be a factor in why you had a stroke buddy.

Stay strong bigman

Andy

2 Likes

It’s more likely that whatever meds you are on are stimulating hair growth, but what the hell do I know? I’m no scientist.
I’ll just buy shares in razor blades

3 Likes