My stroke

In June 2022 I had a stroke ,a bleed .I spent 4 weeks in QE Birmingham,then my local county hospital until they could find me a bed in a commmunity hospital.Then 4 weeks there until they could sort out a care package.I came home last September when my rehabilitation started .The community stroke team came to my home to do physio and occupational therapy.They finished with me in June ,I am now with the acquired brain injuries team .Thanks to everyone I am now walking with a stick ,and can get in and out of the car without a mo lift .I remember a doctor doing his rounds one day in the QE saying I would never walk again.Recently I’ve taken a few steps without the stick .

8 Likes

Glad you have proved them wrong!!!

K

:polar_bear: :wink:

3 Likes

These pronouncements that we hear stories of so so often are either very sophisticated triggers to actually make you prove them wrong or utterly reprehensible ignorant stupid statements :frowning:

I’m glad you proved them wrong
I’m glad so many people so often prove them wrong

ciao
Simon

3 Likes

I think i only saw him once ,I can’t say much about his bedside manner .Luckily there was a nurse with me at the time because I was in tears

4 Likes

Hi, well done you. It’s early days in your recovery, so I’m sure you’ve got lots more progress to make. Always nice to prove the experts wrong. It’s something you often hear often. Have heard many times tbat medics say that recovery can plateau after 6 months. Also know that this is not always the case :clap:.

Keep up the good work. Look forward to hearing about your future achievements, large or small.

Regards Sue

5 Likes

@chriss1056 great to hear of your progress & I bet it feels great to prove the drs wrong.

Keep up the good work you’re doing amazing xx

1 Like

That’s just cause for another celebration :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: You proved them wrong, well done you :clap: :clap: :clap: :laughing:

I’d say keep up with the walk but I’ve no doubt that you will. I’m nearly 3yrs post stroke and still seeing improvements. So keep going, onwards and upwards :smile:

2 Likes