My Stroke Guide is changing

Well thought through, thank you for your insight

1 Like

Hello @TonySawyer
Welcome to a good place to answer the questions you post. We’ve been putting the sort of signpost information that you might start by looking at in a post that is here tap the blue text to follow the link.

The thread you’ve actually posted to is on a slightly different theme

One thing that does come to mind immediately is if you sit and wait you’ll wait forever :frowning: You have to be active, pushing to get any information useful interventions. Your wife will have to assume the role of her own recovery director and you will have to be in support - which won’t be an easy role itself so you will need support too - that is a neglected topic

Have a read at the other post I think you’ll find that the links at the end are also going to take you to places where you’ll find further support

Ciao
Simon

If it ain’t broke dont fix it! I am newer to the forum than others having suffered my stroke in january. The people here are a huge part of the reason im where i am now today. It would be a shame if the magic of this forum gets lost in corporate reshuffle

3 Likes

Aye, that was one of the discussion topics during the meetings. A lot was covered, it will be interesting to see how it all intertwingles … to use net-speak.

2 Likes

Then you should chase this up “he who shouts loudest”…although you don’t need to actually be loud :wink: But contact your GP and your local stroke unit, explain about your and the fact no one has been in contact. Why wait around for them to contact you, who knows how long you’d have to wait. And welcome to the forum by the way :blush:

This is for University Hospital Bristol, if that’s the one she was at, and appears to be where they do stroke follow-up.
https://www.uhbristol.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/your-hospitals/other-services-in-bristol/occupational-therapy/

1 Like