My latest watercolour

@pando
What @Strings is describing is the content of the GRASP manual. It’s common for CIMT programs to incorporate it.

You really need both the home and hospital instructor grasp manuals to build your own program. You’ll need to sign up to download them.
I wouldn’t bother with the target sheet and personally logging and counting just made it more complicated and no more effective in my opinion.

Also strings I don’t think they’ve fully explained to you if from your description. The aim is for the therapist (or you:) ) to ratchet up the difficulty of the exercises as you prove yourself equal to ‘today’s regime’ so the difficulty stays about similar but the capability grows - This is described by the levels on early pages and the ECLIPSE acronym on page 10 of the hospital instructor guide.

Roland the participant guide describes an initial set of pegs & cups and things :slight_smile: I too have a box of walnuts hazelnuts golf balls tennis balls dice etc etc. the task bank is circa 100 ideas like doing the laundry or washing up to involve the affected hand.

Mirror box theory is another topic - Roland you’ll find useful descriptions are on the phantom limb pain pages EG for amputees. its use for movement development in stroke is a adaptation that capitalises on the idea that visualisation causes neurological activities even without physical movement and that if the natural centre has been destroyed the brain will find another - hence neuroplasticity

Ciao :slight_smile:

3 Likes