Introduction

Hi Mick’s the name.
I’m married to my lovely wife Myrlin.
About 6 weeks ago Myrlin had a stroke which has left her with Aphasia and a bit of a memory problem, she is also a type one diabetic. I have taken the roll of tutor for her reading, writing comback and overseer of her insulin dependency which is a 24-7 job.
Luckily we’re both retired so can spend a lot of time getting her up to speed once again.
So that’s enough of me babbling on.
Looking forward to joining in as much as l can.
By for now.
Mick :grin:

6 Likes

Hi Mick, So sorry to hear of your wife’s stroke but would like to welcome you to this forum. We are a merry band of stroke survivors and carers who are always here to offer help and support and lots of words of wisdom.

Please feel free to ask questions or have a rant if you feel the need. There’s usually someone here who has experienced something similar. As you will see, everyone’s stroke is different as is their road to recovery. 6 weeks is very early in your wife’s recovery, so I wish you well and look forward to hearing from you when you are ready to reach out.

Best wishes and welcome
Regards Sue

4 Likes

@MickyT Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear your wife has had a stroke. Sounds like she has a very supportive husband looking after her. With that support I’m sure she’ll do well.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Best wishes.

Ann

4 Likes

Hi and welcome to you both. I had a stroke that affected my right side. I had to learn to write, still not perfect but i forget it was only January. Everyone is super friendly here its been a lifeline for me

3 Likes

Hi Mick and welcome to the forum. I’m sorry to hear about your wife’s stroke but it sounds like she got a good man to help her get through this :smile:

At 6 weeks it’s still early days for things to come back online. The brain has a lot healing and repairs to do so it will take a lot out of her. 6mths is when you see the most recovery coming along in quick succession after that it tends to slow down. So don’t stress yourselves too much if you’re thinking progress is too slow.

I too have aphasia and am type 2 diabetic, thankfully don’t have to worry about insulin, just Metformin for me.

Do be afraid to ask anything, there’s always someone here to help find the answers :wink: Take care now.

2 Likes

Hi. EmeraldEyes.
Thank you so much for your kind welcome.
I look forward to seeing you around.
All the best.
Mick. :grin:

3 Likes

Hi Loraine.
Thank you very much for your warm welcoming.
I look forward to seeing around the forum.
All the best.
Mick😁

3 Likes

Hi Mahoney.
A big thank you for a most warm welcome.
Looking forwards to seeing you around.
All the best.
Mick :grin:

3 Likes

Hi Sue.
Thanks very much for you warm welcome and reassuring words.
Will be around soon.
All the best.
Mick😁

2 Likes