Hobbies

Let’s have some pics please @DeAnn

:polar_bear: :wink:

Our 30-year-old son has Flatty Bear on his bedside table and our 32-year-old daughter has multiple stuffed things including Stitches an emotional support bear

Mine & my wife’s are in the bookcase downstairs two fragile to do much with called Little Ted & Lea’s is PussCat

And @EmeraldEyes we’ve done the Llangollen too

3 Likes

Well speaking of hobbies it nearly West Ham time!! Please wish us luck unless you are a TSC supporter!!

Have a good evening all!!

be cool :polar_bear:

2 Likes

I know nothing about football but good luck to West Ham :smile:

1 Like

@KGB I was raised on “Rupert the Bear” He is now over a hundred years old.

4 Likes

@EmeraldEyes thanks!!
@Outlander amazing

Well I made it to the game! Unfortunately had to leave at half time because the lights got a bit much… Missed the rain thankfully! Great seats and was home just after the start of the second half to see all our goals on tv!!

The boys had fun I think - they had 10 mins each :polar_bear: :wink:

This is me and MP I promise!!

3 Likes

Margaret has named her rhino Roberto :smiley: :two_hearts:

:rhinoceros: :rhinoceros: :polar_bear: :polar_bear: :wink: :wink:

Just found my mah jong set. No bloomin way I can play that now - one game lasting 24 hours and incredibly complicated ouch :thinking: :cry: :exploding_head: :exploding_head:

more my style at the mo

Polar Bear Wooden Solitaire Set Board Game FREE ENGRAVING 437 | eBay

1 Like

Hi, I know it’s not the same as reading a ‘real’ book, but have you tried audio books? It’s just a thought even though I know it’s not the same :confused:.

4 Likes

@Bonnie

Hello and welcome to the forum - I hope that the msg-bot tutorial didn’t put you off. You will find it’s easier than you think to navigate this forum.

I’m sorry but I can’t get over the page turning and I like (used to) drift off with the book falling out of y hands!! nut thank you that is exactly the kind of thing that is helpful!!
How are you?

If you like and you probably already know this but you can Search / post / respond / like etc.

How long have you had your stroke for? It’s really nice to meet you.

About myself I am 10 months in after 3 strokes in Nov 2022. I’m getting on with my recovery and trying to keep on keepin on and stay cool.

If you’d like some more info please check this out - read as much or as little as you want and just ask questions

Everyone here is here to help and share and respond and discuss so great that you have taken this step!!

May I ask if the SA put you onto this?

Stay Cool,

K

:wink: :polar_bear:

1 Like

I see you jpoined a while ago!! It’s great you are back on here!!

I attach a picture of several polar bears to cheer you up! or just make you smile I hope!!

Stay cool :polar_bear: :wink:Polar Bear photos, facts, and map

1 Like

Hi, I too have vision problems and have to limit time spent on screens. I can’t cope with books or kindle, but just love audiobooks. There is such a huge range of them. If you join your local library, which you can do online, you can then download their Audiobooks for free on the Libby app. For more up-to-date books, I find I do have to occasionally take up a subscription on Audible , but thats no more expensive than kindle.
I’m also addicted to listening to Podcasts…. BBC Sounds is an easy place to start, but there are various apps hosting podcasts. And if you have a Spotify subscription, there are a heap of podcasts and audiobooks there.
I am 84 years old, and love all these things that technology offer - I stream them through my hearing aids, so the sound doesn’t affect anyone else!
Happy reading/listening to all :books:x

4 Likes

@Bonnie hi & welcome to the forum. A few people have mentioned audio books & I really should give them a try. I do like a proper book but audio will mean I can still enjoy the story of a book.
Thank you for the reminder.

Look forward to hearing from you again.

Best wishes

Ann x

2 Likes

I used to love darts and just got a belated borthday gift - way to big for me now and it makes me look fat!

I can throw but I lasted 6 darts :cry:

But love the top :polar_bear: :wink:

I think my eyes look a bit funnty in that pic?! does that count as ‘looking blind?!?!!!’

JP is going to play a game of ‘bermuda’ also known as ‘halved’ on random and I’ll throw a few as I go to finish my supper in the kitchen!! Hope there are some people who understand that!!! He has set it up for me and him and I will throw as I pass or he will throw for me!

K

2 Likes

Game on

JP

My first 3 on trebles

Love my winmau valhallas

3 Likes

Got myself a new displate poster to cheer me up

:wink: :polar_bear:

1 Like

How do you manage that? I have headphones but my hearing aids dig in after about an hour. I did have an app for my hearing aids that where only of use for controlling the volume and that just drained the batteries so I ditched it.

2 Likes

I like the disability one K

Back to school with a little bear and his hearing aids - BBC News

try and think brown is white!!

best I could do sorry!

1 Like

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :astonished: :polar_bear:

1 Like

A couple for the diaries:

https://www.world-stroke.org/news-and-blog/news/world-stroke-day-2023-access-the-greaterthan-stroke-campaign-toolkit#:~:text=Starting%20on%201st%20of,alongside%20a%20stroke%20prevention%20message.

And of course

K :polar_bear: :rofl: :wink:

Actually worthy of a new topic?

3 Likes